News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Chronicle forum post counts

Started by kaysixteen, May 23, 2019, 09:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

Good to see folks here.  I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get my Chronicle forum post count added to my sig header here, as it seems most veterans have already done.  Maybe I missed something when I signed on here?

namazu

Hi kaysixteen,

Glad to see you've made the leap.

1. Click "Profile" in the menu bar.
2. Choose "Forum Profile" from the drop-down menu.
3. Manually enter your number of CHE forum posts in the box provided.
4. Click "Change profile" at the bottom of the page.

Voilà!

Hibush

Voilà! is a good subtitle for this forum. Features we wished we could have on the old one  happen easily here.

marshwiggle

What about status based on post counts? Now we're all "New members" except for the moderators. I miss being one of the bourgeois elite.
It takes so little to be above average.

aside

Quote from: marshwiggle on May 24, 2019, 06:46:49 AM
What about status based on post counts? Now we're all "New members" except for the moderators. I miss being one of the bourgeois elite.

But it takes so little to be above average!

marshwiggle

Quote from: aside on May 24, 2019, 07:20:27 AM

Yeah, but everyone else needs to know about it!
It takes so little to be above average.

polly_mer

Quote from: marshwiggle on May 24, 2019, 07:28:56 AM

Think of the opportunities with a new start!  The statistics on the front page indicate that I'm currently the postiest at 134, but that the bar for being in the top 10 postiest is 15 posts.

The next title happens at 250 and I will be away from my computer this weekend.  Thus, someone could go quickly and be the first to be the next title.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

hungry_ghost

Did I do it right?
(Hi K16, good to see you)

mamselle

Hi, hungry_ghost!

Glad to see your little type-figure, too!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

cc_alan

I thought we were all above average.

<anxiously looks around in order to dodge the expected slide rule smackdown>

polly_mer

Quote from: cc_alan on May 29, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

And extremely good looking to boot!
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

cc_alan

Quote from: polly_mer on May 29, 2019, 04:48:07 PM
Quote from: cc_alan on May 29, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

And extremely good looking to boot!

Dang right! We are all legends in our own minds.

InfoPri

So, not to complain so early on, but:  The field in the profile for entering one's CHE post count needs to be larger.  Folks with fewer than 10,000 posts can use a comma, but those of us with 10,000 or more posts apparently cannot.  Can this be adjusted?  Many thanks.

P.S.  Those of you who were responsible for researching and establishing these new fora (including the decision making involved) deserve a big round of applause.  Thank you for taking this on!  I haven't been around the fora much these past few years, but it has been nice to know that the fora were there, and I'm glad that CHE's decision to discontinue supporting them didn't lead to the demise of this community.  Again, thanks!

eigen

Quote from: InfoPri on June 03, 2019, 10:14:05 PM
So, not to complain so early on, but:  The field in the profile for entering one's CHE post count needs to be larger.  Folks with fewer than 10,000 posts can use a comma, but those of us with 10,000 or more posts apparently cannot.  Can this be adjusted?  Many thanks.

P.S.  Those of you who were responsible for researching and establishing these new fora (including the decision making involved) deserve a big round of applause.  Thank you for taking this on!  I haven't been around the fora much these past few years, but it has been nice to know that the fora were there, and I'm glad that CHE's decision to discontinue supporting them didn't lead to the demise of this community.  Again, thanks!

Hah! I forgot to count commas in characters. You can now add a comma!
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

InfoPri

Quote from: eigen on June 03, 2019, 10:31:37 PM
Quote from: InfoPri on June 03, 2019, 10:14:05 PM

Hah! I forgot to count commas in characters. You can now add a comma!

Thank you!