News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Lunch!

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, May 24, 2020, 01:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

I hadn't had deep dish in a while, either.   It wasn't Chicago, but it was pretty good.   The calzone we had earlier in the week was pretty on point, too. 

apl68

Probably a Vienna sausage sandwich.  And since it's another unseasonably warm day, I plan to go out for ice cream in the afternoon.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Harlow2

1 egg over somewhat uneasily and 2 small pancakes. Quite tasty.

fishbrains

Daughter #4 made lunch: Kraft macaroni and cheese and chicken strips.

She may not live long, but at least she won't starve to death.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

OneMoreYear

Pasta with sun-dried tomato pasta sauce. A quick and tasty lunch from cookbook given as a gift by MIL. Recipe probably doesn't really require a cookbook, but this way, we don't have to think much.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Lunch equation =

2 oz. Pepperjack cheese + a schmear of boursin + 6 'fancy' crackers + 1 mandarin orange + 1 mini bag of Cool Ranch Doritos + water

ab_grp

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 21, 2020, 12:21:12 PM
Lunch equation =

2 oz. Pepperjack cheese + a schmear of boursin + 6 'fancy' crackers + 1 mandarin orange + 1 mini bag of Cool Ranch Doritos + water

That is an interesting equation!

We ordered Greek food last night.  Now that the grocery stores are mayhem and wiped out due to the new restrictions, we figure we will order more frequently from locally owned restaurants (also suffering from new restrictions) using a locally owned delivery service.  Lunch was a pork souvlaki sandwich we split, some Greek salad, a piece of spanakopita, and pitas to munch on with hummus, baba ganoush, and tzaziki.

Stockmann

Yesterday: Baked salmon, seasoned with olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, white pepper and orange liqueur, covered with sliced red pepper and orange  slices. Covered with foil and baked at low heat. It was delicious. Had curry rice and cucumber slices as sides.

mamselle

Quote from: Stockmann on December 29, 2020, 01:13:00 PM
Yesterday: Baked salmon, seasoned with olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, white pepper and orange liqueur, covered with sliced red pepper and orange  slices. Covered with foil and baked at low heat. It was delicious. Had curry rice and cucumber slices as sides.

I wasn't even halfway to the red pepper before I was humming along in tune....yeesss.....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Stockmann on December 29, 2020, 01:13:00 PM

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!

ab_grp

That salmon dish did sound delicious and flavorful, Stockmann!

We had an interesting (I think) sandwich for lunch yesterday that we will have again today, my husband's idea.  We were supposed to make pork and sauerkraut for New Year's Day but never got around to it until a couple days ago.  So we have leftovers but don't really feel like eating them as is.  Anyway, he thought we could make a kinda-sorta reuben out of it.  We took rolls, toasted them, eyeballed some ketchup, mayo, and relish mix (mustard? not sure), put some of the pork on, added Swiss cheese and sauerkraut, and nuked them.  It was actually pretty good! A little messy, but I am looking forward to having another.  I'm not a relish fan, but it works in that kind of dressing/sauce. 

Stockmann

Thanks, we really enjoyed it and there were no leftovers. Since then we've also had a modified version, with zucchini and orange peppers and without orange slices, and with a bit of orange essence. This time with drained noodles as a side.
I like to think the time I used to spend commuting I now spend cooking. It helps we only really have a snack for dinner, so it's two hot meals tops so my wife and I can put more time and effort in them.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Late lunch since we've been out and about:

1 delicious tuna fish sandwich with celery
1/2 c. strawberries
5 red, orange and yellow pepper strips
mini bag of white cheddar popcorn
ice water

Economizer

Two Bar-S wieners on a plain bagel dressed in brown mustard, sem-Heinz catsup, and white onion curves. BUSH Pork and Beans, and petite Kosher dill pickles. Small bottle of chilled Diet Coke as beverage and a healthy portion of banana bread for dessert.

Now, I will eat no more, and I will set my alarm for four [P.M.]!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Harlow2

Peanut butter on tortilla and on apple. Trying to figure out dinner; it's pouring and I'm down to p bag of red beans, a slice of turkey, and a serving of yoghurt.  Probably workable as a meal of sorts