News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

What a difference a day makes!  Yesterday gas was $1.94 near my house and today it is $2.09 at all of the stations with that brand!  Fortunately, today i was below a 1/4 tank and filled up at a different branded station for $1.99.

Have you seen a marked increase or decrease in the last few days?

And for you wood burners, with winter past its first month (almost) is the price of wood going down or up?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

Gas dropped to $2.07 at Costco halfway through the month.  Now it's $2.24.  Other gas stations are in the $2.30 and up range.

clean

Gas back down to $1.99!! And Just In time!  I needed to fill up!  (and I did!)

Is your price falling too?

clean

Of course!  I filled up yesterday and today gas is down 7 cents more!

CNBC reported that the Russians and OPEC are in discussions to control the price, but that they may not get a deal and oil COULD be in the $30s tomorrow ! That would be good for oil consumers, not so good for the oil industry here in the US, though. 

So are you in an area that would be helped or hurt by dropping oil prices?

Anselm

I would wait to fill up for a few days if you can.  Oil just dropped to $32 per barrel.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

dismalist

Heard in 1973/4, first oil crisis: I always fill for $15, so a price change doesn't affect me. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

clean

Many stores are showing $1.91 today, but I think that I saw $1.78 today!

Oil prices below $35 a barrel! 

What are you seeing in your neighborhood lately?

Antiphon1

evil_physics_witchcraft

hmaria1609

Filled at Costco for $2.05 on Thursday evening. Today I saw $1.98 while driving past the local Sam's Club.  Other nearby gas stations are $2.05 and up.

Vkw10

I filled up for $1.89 per gallon today. I saw prices from $1.89 to $2.09 for regular unleaded.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

evil_physics_witchcraft

Gas was $1.98 & 9/10, but I got a 20 cent per gallon discount with my Kroger card. Yay!

DrSomebody

$1.64 in major city 80 miles away, where I came through the other day. $1.79 here.

0susanna

Yesterday local stations had gas prices at $1.91 or $1.92. Today, the place I usually fill up is at $1.85! I can't remember the last time I saw prices that low. Not to be that person, but certain "rewards" apps will cut another .05 off whatever price, FWIW.

paultuttle

One-sixty-something at our local Costco.