News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Breakfast Thread

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, July 10, 2020, 09:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Inspired by ab_grp's post in the "Dinner" thread.

We are about to break our fast, at 12:!0pm EST. On today's menu:

Beverage = Coffee with milk and sugar

Side = Toast with butter and apricot jam

Main course = Scrambled eggs with hot sauce

ab_grp

Yay! I'm still hungry and getting hungrier.  I think we will have slightly runny fried eggs and leftover potatoes from last night and split an everything bagel.  Or maybe we will each have a bagel.  We have veggie cream cheese and jalapeno cream cheese (which actually also goes really well on cinnamon raisin bagels? spouse tried that, being the jalapeno fiend, but it really is yummy!).  Beverage is and will be plain old coffee without accouterments (and water).

What kind of apricot jam do you get, or do you make it? We have a couple varieties from Bonne Maman.  I think the apricot is preserves, but it's so good.  Now I want to make popovers.

Say more about the hot sauce, please.

Parasaurolophus

The same thing I have every day: a bowl of Nature's Path cereal with two teaspoons of regular Ovomaltine/Ovaltine on top, with skim milk.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

apl68

Guess I have nothing much to contribute here.  My standard breakfast is a glass of juice.  What fruit it comes from does vary now and then.  I only eat a solid breakfast when I'm traveling.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

Economizer

Late start brunch:

Two eggs, cheese added, scrambled and microwaved
Two small breakfast sausages
Happy Jack hash browns [Once with Happy Jack and you wo..uh, you'll be thrilled!]
One toasted plain bagel, buttered, and covered with a Smuckers Strawberry spread
1 single serving cup applesauce

1 cup half DeCaf and 1 half Caf cofee
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

hmaria1609

Organic oatmeal with egg, raisins, and dried cranberries. (My mom buys it by the pound in the bulk foods aisle from the organic store in town) Fresh blueberries (in season) and milk added. I'll also eat an orange with the oatmeal.

Liquidambar

Oatmeal with milk and a diced fresh peach.  Yum!  This will continue to be my breakfast until the peaches run out.  Normally I add pecans, but I forgot today.  Today's tea:  BeerButter (black tea flavored to taste like Butterbeer from Harry Potter, comes in a cute tin).
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

mamselle

Each AM, early:

1/2 chocolate croissant
1 cup cocoa

Second breakfast: c. 10 AM or so.

1/2 egg sandwich (or, occasionally, an omelette, or waffles, or pancakes, but usually the egg sandwich)
1/2 slice of toast with raspberry, apricot, or strawberry jam/preserves etc.
1 cup/tea (first of many for the rest of the day).

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Puget

This morning:
Avocado toast: homemade sourdough, avocado, feta, garden tomato, scallion, everything bagel seasoning
Homemade cold brew coffee with milk, in a mason jar.

I know this breakfast makes me look like an insufferable hipster but it was damn good and I won't apologize for it ;)
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Puget on July 10, 2020, 02:28:14 PM
This morning:
Avocado toast: homemade sourdough, avocado, feta, garden tomato, scallion, everything bagel seasoning

I know this breakfast makes me look like an insufferable hipster but it was damn good and I won't apologize for it ;)

That's the only way to drink a beverage!

evil_physics_witchcraft

So many yummy ideas.

I ordered more jalapenos and apricot jam (actually preserves). It's the same brand that you mentioned ab_grp. I used to buy a French brand from the farmer's market, but I haven't ventured up there in some time. BM is still pretty good.

Edit: Oh, and hot sauce is a must on eggs. Definitely.

dismalist

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on July 10, 2020, 02:38:29 PM
Quote from: Puget on July 10, 2020, 02:28:14 PM
This morning:

That's the only way to drink a beverage!

Avocado is fine. Whatever happened to the Bloody Mary as a breakfast beverage?
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

OneMoreYear

Quote from: mamselle on July 10, 2020, 02:12:52 PM
Each AM, early:

1/2 chocolate croissant
1 cup cocoa

Second breakfast: c. 10 AM or so.

1/2 egg sandwich (or, occasionally, an omelette, or waffles, or pancakes, but usually the egg sandwich)
1/2 slice of toast with raspberry, apricot, or strawberry jam/preserves etc.
1 cup/tea (first of many for the rest of the day).

M.

This sounds lovely, Mamselle (especially the chocolate croissant), but why half of everything? How does one make a half egg sandwich?