News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwHHH (help from hubby) - was down to my last word. He asked how to play, so I showed him I needed a CR-8 and he said "cringing?" Boom. LB nudge for quip-phytoplankton. What?

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, last word croci. I found nock/ing by accident. I'm finding today's to be a toughie! I finally clawed my way to genius with the pangram, though.

LB: No solution yesterday until I looked at hints and got quip-phytoplankton. I had quip and plankton, but the phyto-part escaped me. I have found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram right away, but it took forever to get to genius! I am just not seeing words today.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with cringing.

No luck on LB again!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last words unban, unman. Not sure why I didn't see them. LB has been tricky these days. I needed a nudge and made up a word for dustbowl-levin.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB help to find alumna, numbat, and my last word, tantalum, which required not only the SBB hint, but a search for an alphabetical list of elements. Sheesh. Today I'm struggling with the last three words; I got the pangram early on, though.

LB: vestibule-endow, which was the "official" solution. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally straggled to genius with the pangram, but it was tough today.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were missing tantulum, numbat, and some other word I forget at the moment.

I also had the schmofficial vestibule-endow.  I agree, ciao_yall, LB has been tricky!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. Missed numbat, tantalum, and a couple more words. Surprised to note that ablaut wasn't accepted, even though umlaut was.

dustbowls/snivel

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram early on, and then genius. Missed papyri, partita, and a couple of other words that I should have found.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG for partita. LB was a quick zirconia-ambush.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for partita.  Yikes!

No luck on LB.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QBwSBB for portrait and papyri. Today I reached QB with a 1L nudge for the last word.

LB: I also had zirconia-ambush. I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB yesterday, with eyelet and belle getting me to the finish line.

I'll be away for the weekend in an area with limited internet, so not sure how much puzzling I'll get done.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG last words title, tittle. LB nudge for wicker-relegation.

I'll also be on vacation for a few weeks - not sure how much internet access or phone time I'll have. But will try to check in regularly.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw1LH for tithe, my last word. Genius with pangram today, and quite a way to go.

LB: I also had wicker-relegation.

Langue_doc and ciao_yall, enjoy your travels!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I was missing eely, eyelet.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on your solutions!

Safe travels, Langue_doc, and ciao_yall! Have a great time!

Happy solving!