News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Mixtape

Started by The Future, April 09, 2024, 02:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone enjoyed the solar eclipse yesterday.  I have a general question.  I guess most of us on this forum know what is meant by the term (musical) mixtape.  I remember when I was younger we might put one of these together of our favorite songs to go to the gym or to share with a friend to give them a sample of what our musical taste was.  What I would like to know is what is the modern day version of this?  NOT just sending a single file of one song to someone.  I've heard people talk about Spotify lists - I have not used that much.  What if I wanted to share a sample of songs with someone?  I buy all mine from apple and yes I use multiple ipods and use an Iphone too.  But what if I just wanted someone to check out some specific songs?  Is there a modern day version of the mixtape?

Parasaurolophus

I think the kids make a playlist (via Spotify or a similar streaming service), then share a link to it.

Me, I'd want a tape, CD, or the mp3 files. But I'm a curmudgeon!
I know it's a genus.

lightning

My preferences:

YouTube links embedded into a web site hosting platform that blocks YouTube ads (e.g. googlesites): preferred (especially if annotated)

zip file of mp3s: yes

Spotify playlist: meh, maybe I'll listen to it--the ads are annoying

CD: no

cassette tape: NO

Sun_Worshiper

Through streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music. You have to pay if you want to avoid the ads, but instant access to almost all music ever recorded and released for ~$10 per month is certainly worth it to me. It may not be so great for the artists, but that is another story.