News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your hypochondria here

Started by Thursday's_Child, June 09, 2019, 06:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aside

Parasaurolophus

Just discharged. 4mm kidney stone. It hurt like all fuck, but I haven't had any pain since last night. Whew.

Guess I was right when I observed, a few days ago, that I drink less water when I'm home all day.
I know it's a genus.

namazu

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 18, 2020, 01:48:13 PM
Just discharged. 4mm kidney stone. It hurt like all fuck, but I haven't had any pain since last night. Whew.
Ouch.  Glad it seems to have abated.

Quote from: ParasaurolophusGuess I was right when I observed, a few days ago, that I drink less water when I'm home all day.
Drink up, then!  To your health!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEc5foJ9plE&feature=emb_logo

evil_physics_witchcraft

Guess I was right when I observed, a few days ago, that I drink less water when I'm home all day.

Glad it's out! Do I dare ask how it was removed?

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 18, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

Oh, I meant that I'm out. The stone will be discharged through the usual channels. Hopefully. If not, then I'm not sure you do dare to ask. =p
I know it's a genus.

the_geneticist

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 18, 2020, 03:44:41 PM

Ugh, that's going to hurt when it passes.  The saying "all things shall pass" was clearly written by someone who never had a kidney stone.  Rates right up their with unmedicated childbirth on the pain chart.

Oh, I meant that I'm out. The stone will be discharged through the usual channels. Hopefully. If not, then I'm not sure you do dare to ask. =p

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 18, 2020, 03:44:41 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it will be soon.

mamselle

They didn't zap it?

Odd. Once it's visualized, that's not usually too difficult.

Hope it causes no more trouble.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

Ah, this too shall pass.

Hope all goes well.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on June 18, 2020, 06:19:08 PM
They didn't zap it?

Odd. Once it's visualized, that's not usually too difficult.

Hope it causes no more trouble.

M.

Too small to be worth zapping/extracting.

Seven hours of colic yesterday, and the drugs don't even take the edge off the pain. 0_o

I remain optimistic for today.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

Wishing you well.  I've never had an actual stone, but have had a blockage condition which creates the functional equivalent of having a stone.  Not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

The stone is out!

Or, at least, some of it is. I wouldn't put it past me to have left some in there, like a forgetful surgeon.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Good to hear.

I hope you're in the clear now.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 06, 2020, 11:34:11 AM
The stone is out!

Or, at least, some of it is. I wouldn't put it past me to have left some in there, like a forgetful surgeon.

Good news!

Did you put it in a jar to show off to your friends? :)