Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your hypochondria here

Started by Thursday's_Child, June 09, 2019, 06:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aside

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 06, 2020, 11:34:11 AM
The stone is out!

Or, at least, some of it is. I wouldn't put it past me to have left some in there, like a forgetful surgeon.

Congratulations!  I hope you retained the mineral rights.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: aside on July 07, 2020, 07:36:28 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 06, 2020, 11:34:11 AM
The stone is out!

Or, at least, some of it is. I wouldn't put it past me to have left some in there, like a forgetful surgeon.

Congratulations!  I hope you retained the mineral rights.

Alas, I'm selling them for science. Still, a worthy cause!
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Maybe you could analyze the composition and see what proportions you have for each substance...

Do an experiment!

Parasaurolophus

Precordial Catch Syndrome!

Definitely. It's happened my whole life, but less frequently as an adult (most recently a couple days ago, however). Nice to finally have a name for it.
I know it's a genus.

Thursday's_Child

I have a large fresh bruise across my instep.  It isn't painful and I can't recall doing anything to acquire it, so it must not truly be a bruise.  Does anyone know what serious condition causes such a symptom?

the_geneticist

Ebola causes sub-dermal hematomas. 

clean

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

Been coughing more lately, usually when I get up and move, and especially when I go walking in the cold air outside.  Surely I haven't caught anything--with everybody snowed in for the past week, I've had very little human contact!

Maybe disease-carrying mosquitoes are adapting to the cold now?  That would be bad.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

FishProf

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

clean

clean

IS my new bride trying to kill me?  Am I on Borrowed Time? 

My bride gave me a sort of honey do assignment.  We needed to clean the dust bunny accumulation around the bed (as we both have allergies).  She is to tackle the bottom (as she is closer to the floor) and I was to tackle the head board shelves as I am taller (closer to the top).  The Reader's Digest version is that I fell off the ladder! 
The longer version is that she went to visit her parents and later in the day I went to tackle my task.  I used a small step ladder (it has 2 steps and a long 'curl' to hold on to and keep you from falling off the top.  I suppose that I had not remembered climbing to the top (of the 2) steps).  So I went to step off, and instead of being only one step up  I was 2!   needless to say, I wasnt able to keep my balance from 2 steps at once, fell backwards, hit the chair that my bride uses to hold things and was then hit by her TRAP!!  The deadfall she created on that chair sprung down on my when I fell! 

Interesting.... She 'conveniently' arranges for me to work on the ladder while she is out of the house.... 'Deviously' She arranged this by challenging my manhood by warning me not to do it while I was alone so she could keep me from falling.... "fiendishly" sets a deadfall trap right where I would fall so that her laptop and other items would 'finish me off'!  I dont know how she arranged for me to do all of this work while my cellphone was in the other room so I could not call for help before I bled out, but I am certain that it was all part of her plan! 

Unfortunately for her, her master plan didnt work, so she moved to plan B.  Last night when I took a shower (using the master bath shower with the new shower head that has the massage setting), I discovered that the bath mats were moved, 'just far enough' so that I had to step on the bare floor and nearly fell AGAIN! 

Well, I m on to her now!  IF no one hears from me for a wile and a professor is found dead by his wife (with an airtight alibi! )  Dont Believe Her! 

I have a very sore back from falling down, and a big bruise on my arm.(Im not sure if that is from the laptop falling on me, or me hitting the chair with my arm triggering the deadfall trap).  My right ankle seems a bit swollen (that would be the foot that absorbed the impact from the 'missed' step).  Im feeling a bit better this afternoon, but I do feel a bit beat up today. 

AmLitHist

Hope you're feeling better, Clean!  (And apologies for giggling as I read, because your adventures remind me of ALHS and some of the things he's done over the years!)

the_geneticist

My wrist is sore.  It can't be from turning the compost pile or smacking my wrist on the trash can edge or a typical boring reason.
I better carry around a cooler full of ice for when my hand spontaneously detaches.

Morris Zapp

I am recovering from sepsis. My hair is falling out and my mind feels fuzzy and this is taking a hell of a long time. So very tired too.

Charlotte

I keep getting bad migraines and they are changing. I always had them on the front right side of my head but lately I'm getting them on the front left as well. Pretty sure this is a solid indicator that it's brain cancer and it's taking over my whole brain now. I was terrible at artistic stuff but now I guess my logic will go now too.