News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Breakfast Thread

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, July 10, 2020, 09:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

an orange and 2 left over from Halloween Kit Kats. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

Quote from: ab_grp on November 04, 2020, 08:53:55 AM
Because spouse had to go in to work early today, we made some breakfast burritos last night so he could take one with him on the road.  I just ate mine, and it was really good! Haven't had one in a while.  We made some scrambled eggs, cut up some breakfast sausage, put in some Mexican cheese blend, some cut up jalapenos he had roasted, and some leftover roasted mini and sweet potatoes.  I could deal with another! I think the sweet potatoes added a nice flavor.

Like the sound of those burritos.....might have to consider that option soon!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Double post, muuuuch later...

New yummy breakfast spread: equal parts lemon curd, honey, and crushed pineapple.

Or just the lemon curd and the honey. Or the pineapple with either one....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

English Breakfast tea + a small knob of ginger + 1 tsp. sugar.

ergative

Oatmeal cooked with dried dates, dried apricots, and dried cherries. Plus a bit of very dark brown sugar for added sweetness that, in retrospect, was unnecessary given the sweetness of the fruit.

Harlow2

A banana.  But Economizer's A-1 Sauce on a burrito has me planning for a much tastier egg and tortilla for tomorrow (interthreadulity).

dismalist

Mrs. Dismalist bought crumpets at Trader Joe's. I had one, toasted and drenched in butter. Fantastic.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

sinenomine

Vanilla yogurt and a piece of coffee cake.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Liquidambar

Quote from: dismalist on February 22, 2021, 09:41:31 PM
Mrs. Dismalist bought crumpets at Trader Joe's. I had one, toasted and drenched in butter. Fantastic.

Those crumpets are my go-to base when I need something to put homemade jam on.

I made a pot of steel cut oats and have been reheating some every morning.  This morning I'll probably throw chopped up cherries on them before heating, since I have cherries that need to be used soon.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

Morden

I've been enjoying Red River cereal (steel cut wheat and rye) lately, but alas it is no longer distributed in Canada.

mamselle

Second breakfast today was a mini-waffle, toasted; strawberry-syrup, heated; bacon, and tea.

And I just realized I bypassed lunch entirely!

Hmmm....

M.

AmLitHist

I've been on an orange kick lately.  The ones in local stores have been really good this winter.  So, today's breakfast was a couple of slices of toast with butter, a juicy orange, and iced tea.

ab_grp

It's been a while! Sundays we have a different breakfast these days.  It usually consists of eggs of some sort and bread of some sort, usually with avocado and some other stuff.  I recently came across a viral recipe for crispy feta eggs, so we tried them the past few Sundays (and last Monday because of the holiday).  The original recipe I found includes fried egg cooked with oregano, red pepper, and feta in a tortilla covered with a layer of avocado and topped with crisp chili oil.  Today we tried switching to scrambled eggs and halving the feta to reduce sodium and so forth.  It's always pretty good and easy and nice change.  The crisp chili oil we picked up isn't really crispy, as some TikTok video suggested it might be, so maybe we need to try another one.

Note: I see that this is flagged as an old topic, but it's only on the 6th page (so not one that would be archived, I don't think), and I don't think it makes sense to start a new topic on breakfast.  If I was incorrect in proceeding in this thread, please feel free to delete or move it.

Langue_doc

Early morning outing, so coffee (the equivalent of a double espresso with steamed half and half) and a banana before heading out, and an egg salad sandwich (on challah from a local grocery) as I was waiting for the event to start.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Toast with butter. Strawberries. Café au lait.