News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Kamala Harris as VP Candidate

Started by dismalist, August 11, 2020, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writingprof

Quote from: marshwiggle on August 14, 2020, 05:12:03 AM
It occurred to me that since Kamala's husband is white, it should keep the White House from jumping on the anti-white bandwagon to try and curry favour with far-left extremists.

I respectfully disagree.  White people are the biggest anti-white extremists.  Mr. Kamala will be the one delivering the anti-white message.

mahagonny

Quote from: writingprof on August 14, 2020, 05:23:44 AM
It occurred to me that since Kamala's husband is white, it should keep the White House from jumping on the anti-white bandwagon to try and curry favour with far-left extremists.

I respectfully disagree.  White people are the biggest anti-white extremists.  Mr. Kamala will be the one delivering the anti-white message.

Agree with WP. Blaming white people for everything is instant status-buying in the new 'woke' culture. As is taking the bullying and manipulation with good humor and gratitude. Did anyone say 'cult' or 'religion?'  Cults give you a sense of belonging. But you have to first understand that without belonging to the cult you are living wrong. White privilege = original sin. Must be faced and fought with fervor. Serious work to be done!

marshwiggle

Quote from: mahagonny on August 14, 2020, 06:01:14 AM

Agree with WP. Blaming white people for everything is instant status-buying in the new 'woke' culture. As is taking the bullying and manipulation with good humor and gratitude. Did anyone say 'cult' or 'religion?'  Cults give you a sense of belonging. But you have to first understand that without belonging to the cult you are living wrong. White privilege = original sin. Must be faced and fought with fervor. Serious work to be done!

I don't disagree that he can say it. But if she says it, (particularly without him beside her nodding his head), I think it won't go so well with mainstream voters, since it will seem like a disloyal cheap shot (which it is).
It takes so little to be above average.

writingprof

Quote from: marshwiggle on August 14, 2020, 06:44:28 AM
Quote from: mahagonny on August 14, 2020, 06:01:14 AM

I don't disagree that he can say it. But if she says it, (particularly without him beside her nodding his head), I think it won't go so well with mainstream voters, since it will seem like a disloyal cheap shot (which it is).

I don't remember Obama's grandmother standing beside him when he denounced her as a "typical white person." 

financeguy

eh... remember that own group preference I spoke about earlier? The spouse issue is a big deal, although apparently less problematic when a black female marries a white male. The reverse is apparently unforgivable. Remember the guy who agreed to pay tuition for the Morehouse College graduating class? His name was Robert F Smith, a private equity guy. If you think the reaction was about what a generous gesture this was, think again. See, Bob married a white woman and that simply won't do. Same with actor Michael B. Jordan who has been threatened with a boycot for the pigment of his dating partners and asked repeatedly to "respond" to the controversy. There's an interesting article from the Phily Trib about Smith, titled a "good deed goes through Black Enough filter" which is linked:

https://www.phillytrib.com/commentary/johnmitchell/mitchell-a-good-deed-goes-through-black-enough-blender/article_aca84e1e-326c-51c1-9d15-3600c5f0c5ca.html

I suspect Kamala's husband will not be prominently displayed in certain settings since it's already been the source of the same type of "controversy," the one area of her record for which criticism is unfounded. When the Washington Examiner has an article titled "Why I Married a White Man" in which she "defends" this decision (I've actually seen her asked to do this many times in other venues) it just shows the toxic racial attitudes from all sides.

My ears perk up a bit to this. I'm with someone who isn't white but whose group doesn't hate us or have a problem with dating within their group. (At least these views are not wide enough to be publicly stated in a major news outlet that asks the subject to "defend" themselves.) A few years ago when I was with a black woman the comments were much less subtle, and not from whites. People had no problem openly stating their unsolicited opinion. Things got a bit more complicated when her accent demonstrated she was from Africa, not the U.S. I think this confused people. They didn't know if they disapproved of this quite as much. I recommend Douglas Emhoff adopt a very strong yet undetectable accent to throw some of these lunatics who have a problem with his race off the track of what it exactly is.

Economizer

I've done scant reading on Senator Harris.  She is described as being a "Moderate". I do not see that; however, I've also done scant reading on the general Democratic Party philosophies either. She has a really nice smile but that puts her in direct competition on that point with Joe Biden.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

mahagonny

QuoteWhites are just tired of hearing BS complaints. Not every issue is a 10. Realtors aren't supposed to say "master bedroom" anymore? Sorry, for you; this is not a real problem. The L.A. times today has an article about how to get more black people into camping to increase diversity in the activity. Huh? Who cares? This is a hobby that NO ONE gets paid for. It's not even a business advantage for networking like golf. Pardon me if I could not possibly care less how many black people want to sleep in a tent.

Joke I used to hear as a kid:
Son: Hey Dad. I just came the Boy Scout meeting. Boy, did we have fun today!
Dad: Great son. And you know you're supposed to do a good deed once every day.
Son: Oh yeah, I did that already.
Dad: I'm proud of you! What was the good deed?
Son: Me and two other scouts helped a nice old lady cross the street.
Dad: You and...why did it take three of you?
Son: She didn't want to go!

Here's the article. But I think one would find out the same thing I know. Camping is about bugs, sweat, carrying things, and not getting a good night's sleep. https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2020-08-10/want-more-people-of-color-in-the-outdoors-give-them-gear