News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Welcome to The Fora!

Started by polly_mer, June 06, 2019, 06:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Post here and get a virtual welcome present!

You don't have to post here as your first post, but everyone deserves a welcome present.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

lillipat

Good morning!  This IS actually my first post on this site.  I was a very occasional poster on the CHE forums (gave myself a different moniker now though,) but a rabid lurker/reader of many, many threads.  Looking forward to perhaps being more active as this one unfolds.

polly_mer

Quote from: lillipat on June 07, 2019, 05:39:19 AM
Good morning!  This IS actually my first post on this site.  I was a very occasional poster on the CHE forums (gave myself a different moniker now though,) but a rabid lurker/reader of many, many threads.  Looking forward to perhaps being more active as this one unfolds.

Welcome, Lillipat!

Have some crystals to brighten your day!

tuxthepenguin

I debated whether to move over here, but as you can see, I did.

Hope there will be a notification message at CHE for those like me who only occasionally check a few posts here and there. I found out by accident.

polly_mer

Good to see you, Tux!

Enjoy some chemical reactions with a peppy sound track!

Quote from: tuxthepenguin on June 07, 2019, 06:48:49 AM
Hope there will be a notification message at CHE for those like me who only occasionally check a few posts here and there. I found out by accident.

Yes, there is supposed to be a redirect message by the CHE folks when they make everything read-only.  Until then, people are making an effort to mention the migration in various new posts to raise awareness.

tentative_academic

Thanks to everyone involved for setting up the new fora!

I had ~100 posts on CHE. Mostly a lurker, but I enjoyed everything I read. Nowadays I work in an academic environment, but I'm not a professor - hence the new moniker. Looking forward to a fresh start here.

polly_mer