Work-sprint for dreaded tasks and to-do list wrangling thread

Started by bioteacher, June 15, 2019, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Before you're allowed to sign off on that last one, we'll need to see a paw print....

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 24, 2020, 09:33:33 AM
For today:

• Evaluate editorial candidates.
  • Record lecture. Two if I'm feeling good.
  • Check chapter proofs.
  • Upholster cat shelf.

Quote from: mamselle on March 24, 2020, 10:08:00 AM
Before you're allowed to sign off on that last one, we'll need to see a paw print....

;--}

M.

If I only had the power to attach pictures, I would!

I'll edit the post if I manage any more. Maybe the proofs...
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

People used to open a Photobucket account in the name of their forum moniker and use that to link to pictures....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

Quote from: polly_mer on March 24, 2020, 07:47:56 AMThis morning:

• Find out what functions have to go in the script.

Amended to "Write to colleagues with the highest likelihood of knowing how to put the functions in action because this very common set of tasks is apparently yet another situation in which I am the first person in the 20+ year history of the program to ever need to do it and therefore the manuals and all the other documentation need no examples for the kinds of things people actually do."

I can tell you exactly how to use every function after a day of reading.  It is completely unclear how to string those functions together to do what I need it to do.  It's as if someone wrote individual task instructions on how to open/close the refrigerator; spread mayonnaise, salad dressing, ranch dressing, butter, and even grape jelly; bake bread using the oven, bread maker, or outside solar oven; cut tomatoes including cases of cherry, grape, and freeze-dried; fry, bake, or microwave bacon; address the lettuce question; and cut the crusts off a sandwich, but never thought that someone would want to make a BLT using those steps.

Grr!
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mamselle

Most MSOffice instructions strike me that way.

Silage from sixteen different sources dumped in a field for mixing.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on March 25, 2020, 12:53:21 AM
People used to open a Photobucket account in the name of their forum moniker and use that to link to pictures....

M.

Good idea! Perhaps later.

For today (although I know I can't do it all):

• Evaluate editorial candidates
  • Record a lecture
  • Prep another lecture
  • Finish reading article to referee
  • Mark outstanding quizzes from before the pandemic hit

I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Quote from: polly_mer on March 25, 2020, 05:22:04 AM
Quote from: polly_mer on March 24, 2020, 07:47:56 AMThis morning:

• Find out what functions have to go in the script.

Amended to "Write to colleagues with the highest likelihood of knowing how to put the functions in action because this very common set of tasks is apparently yet another situation in which I am the first person in the 20+ year history of the program to ever need to do it and therefore the manuals and all the other documentation need no examples for the kinds of things people actually do."

I can tell you exactly how to use every function after a day of reading.  It is completely unclear how to string those functions together to do what I need it to do.  It's as if someone wrote individual task instructions on how to open/close the refrigerator; spread mayonnaise, salad dressing, ranch dressing, butter, and even grape jelly; bake bread using the oven, bread maker, or outside solar oven; cut tomatoes including cases of cherry, grape, and freeze-dried; fry, bake, or microwave bacon; address the lettuce question; and cut the crusts off a sandwich, but never thought that someone would want to make a BLT using those steps.

Grr!

Done!  It turns out that "everyone" knows that opening the refrigerator includes getting all the ingredients stored there so that's not a separate thing.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 25, 2020, 09:54:46 AM

For today (although I know I can't do it all):

• Evaluate editorial candidates
  • Record a lecture
  • Prep another lecture
  • Finish reading article to referee
  • Mark outstanding quizzes from before the pandemic hit
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Okay, reviving this thread here.

Need to:

Class A:
>Has a bow on it!

Class B:
>Load SLO's (blerg) as soon as our magic technical people figure out why I can't seem to do so.

Class C:
> Complete grading final papers
> Grade final exams
> Post grades
> Post SLOs

Class D:
> Grade final papers
> Grade final exams
> Post grades
> Post SLOs

mamselle

Reviving this thread since several folks are getting crunched-up on grading and other tasks...

M.