News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

problem writing comments

Started by Myword, February 13, 2020, 10:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myword

Sometimes my comments disappear, vanish suddenly while I am writing and they are gone.
Have to begin again. This doesn't happen on other sites. What's going on? I am wasting time rewriting my comments.

Parasaurolophus

Could it be your browser refreshing (especially if you're using your phone)?

It's not happening on my end, but does sometimes happen on other sites with my phone.
I know it's a genus.

Myword

I am using my new PC laptop, not a phone.
Anyone else have this problem?

mamselle

There are a couple of "task view" type things someplace on my task bar that I seem to swipe without meaning to or wanting to, that put all my open browsers into a matrix on the desktop...another case of MSOffice getting too big for its britches, and trying to run my life when I don't want it to.

I haven't had them make a screen disappear yet, but I wouldn't put it past them....

Something like that might be happening; you can sometimes swipe an icon without even wanting to (or knowing it's there...)

You might also look up online something like, "screen disappears while I'm posting" to see if there's an FAQ on it somewhere. I find a lot of weird things that happen to me are also happening to others (most reassuring...!)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.