Suggestions for New Threads/Discussions/Forums

Started by spork, May 19, 2019, 03:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newprofwife

How about a thread about the two-body problem? The old one had some really good tips. Even if the spouse is not an academic, this is such an important topic for academics with families. For me, it was really tough finding work after we relocated twice for my husband's job. Even thought I am a higher edu professional, my uni doesn't have support for spouses and I had to interview just like everyone. That is one of the hardest parts of being married to an academic. You have to move to a new place, start all over, support their career, and you have to try to find a job that pays the bills in the middle of nowhere without knowing a soul.               

polly_mer

Quote from: newprofwife on October 09, 2019, 09:05:50 AM
How about a thread about the two-body problem? The old one had some really good tips. Even if the spouse is not an academic, this is such an important topic for academics with families. For me, it was really tough finding work after we relocated twice for my husband's job. Even thought I am a higher edu professional, my uni doesn't have support for spouses and I had to interview just like everyone. That is one of the hardest parts of being married to an academic. You have to move to a new place, start all over, support their career, and you have to try to find a job that pays the bills in the middle of nowhere without knowing a soul.             

http://thefora.org/index.php?topic=624.0
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!