News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Puget on October 22, 2020, 06:59:24 PM
Was just glancing at my google scholar profile and found my top-cited article is currently at 1111 citations. Thought I'd document the moment before it becomes less pleasingly mono-numerical.

Ha!

On Scholar, mine is at 11, so something's afoot.
I know it's a genus.

Puget

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 22, 2020, 07:50:06 PM
Quote from: Puget on October 22, 2020, 06:59:24 PM
Was just glancing at my google scholar profile and found my top-cited article is currently at 1111 citations. Thought I'd document the moment before it becomes less pleasingly mono-numerical.

Ha!

On Scholar, mine is at 11, so something's afoot.

I suspect citing conventions/volume are very different across our fields, and also that your's is more book focused and thus unlikely to show up in google scholar?
I really don't care about the numbers there, but it's a handy way (in addition to Research Gate) to make my papers easier to find and  to find new relevant stuff that cites me.

I should say, that highest cited paper and the others in my top 5 are all either meta-analyses or review papers-- these get cited a ton because they are topics that lots of people need a handy reference for.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

Oh yeah, they're definitely different.

Just thought it was a neat additional coincidence--like maybe Google is using citation rates to build a weird logic gate.

May your four ones last!
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Puget

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 23, 2020, 08:43:30 AM
Oh yeah, they're definitely different.

Just thought it was a neat additional coincidence--like maybe Google is using citation rates to build a weird logic gate.

May your four ones last!

Ha! Missed the binary joke there.
Anyway I got a citation alert that brought it to 1113-- hopefully the 13 is not unlucky??
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

S'pose I should say something, since I spend so much time here and it's bound to slip out at some point: we're brooding over a little pachycephalosaurus egg, which should hatch early next spring. It will be the only such egg.
I know it's a genus.

traductio

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 25, 2020, 11:25:40 AM
S'pose I should say something, since I spend so much time here and it's bound to slip out at some point: we're brooding over a little pachycephalosaurus egg, which should hatch early next spring. It will be the only such egg.

Congratulations!

polly_mer

Quote from: traductio on October 25, 2020, 11:27:11 AM

Congratulations!

Yes, congrats!
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

smallcleanrat

Hooray! Congratulations.

OneMoreYear

Such exciting news!  Congrats on your future hatchling! Best wishes for a smooth incubation period.

ab_grp

Happy news! Congratulations and best wishes for good health and smooth sailing for all!

Langue_doc

Congratulations! Happy incubating!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Congrats!

mamselle

Aww...will it have the same funny little nose-flute thingy at birth, or will that grow later?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

Congratulations! Hope your nest sitting goes well, with fine weather, no predators, and just enough help in preparing for the nestling.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)