Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

High temperature records everywhere.
I know it's a genus.

hmaria1609

Fire weather watch and warnings throughout the greater DC region today

apl68

We had borderline frost conditions overnight.  Frost in the early part of March used to be quite normal, but has become rare in recent years.  And now we're getting it past the Ides....

Sunny and a little chilly today.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

apl68

Heavy rains have broken on us in the last little bit.  And we're now under a tornado watch.  March is acting pretty lion-like in this last week of the month.

bio-nonymous

Freezing (literally-frost this morning) for this time of year in our neck of the woods. I hope my newly planted and recently sprouting grass seeds in my lawn bare spots do OK...

ab_grp

Relentlessly windy, dusty, yuck.

hmaria1609

It's cherry blossom season here in DC with temperatures in the 40-50s during the day. There's been a Hypothermia Alert activated in the evenings for 2 weeks.

apl68

Quote from: hmaria1609 on March 26, 2024, 08:34:37 AMIt's cherry blossom season here in DC with temperatures in the 40-50s during the day. There's been a Hypothermia Alert activated in the evenings for 2 weeks.

The cherry blossom season must be beautiful.

Our equivalent here is the dogwood bloom each year.  Aggressive timber clear-cutting in our neck of the woods has all but eliminated wild dogwoods over the years, but we still have some in parks and yards.  They do look beautiful.

hmaria1609

Not to mention the start of tourist season in DC!

Langue_doc

Rain all day, as forecast, but it's going to be a sunny high 50°s all weekend.