News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What are you doing for election day?

Started by nonsensical, November 03, 2020, 04:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vkw10

Reminding myself to not look at news sites.
Looking anyway.
Eating chili cheese fries and cherry garcia ice cream for supper.
Looking again.
Reading through my notes for my 7:00 a.m. online conference presentation.
Looking again.
Promising myself not to eat the fudge I'm making. Or at least, not to eat all of it tonight.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on November 03, 2020, 02:43:24 PM
Quote from: spork on November 03, 2020, 01:19:22 PM
Working on a job application and grading. Probably will eat pancakes for dinner, which for me is a comfort food.

I was just contemplating pancakes, too.

With an orange marmalade/maple syrup drizzle....

Mmmmmm....

M.

I did indeed make them and they were indeed good.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

All this talk of food is making me hungry again- and I had a sensible, somewhat healthy dinner!

I'm amazed that my county is so progressive. It's currently blue!

OneMoreYear

I am still trying to grade for my insanity class, but am completely distracted by the election. My students will forgive me, right?
I've also broken out the very good locally-made sherry. I figure it's appropriate whichever way the results go.

Parasaurolophus

We've finally given up on Fox. They're much more bullish about calling states than the AP. It was an interesting transition out of their spinworld into the rest  the world, but that's enough of that.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

It's still parked at the same numbers it was at when I went to bed (c. 130 AM, EST) last night.

As a friend said, the only sane thing to do is Go.On.As.If.It.Doesnt.Exist....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

I realized happily yesterday that I wasn't getting notifications from any of the news sites and newspapers that I usually do.  So, it was a much less stressful evening than it would have been otherwise.  Still, I'm glad we had to get up early today so we went more or less about our normal evening and didn't spend too much time and effort following the returns.  There have been some big disappointments so far, to say the least.

apl68

I've been on the road for the last several days and have generally not been in touch with news in general.  Just taking care of business, checking in and out of motels and a state park lodge, and trying not to catch or spread anything.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

clean

It feels like it is STILL election day!

I graded papers and dealt with student emails.

I went ot the grocery store, but FORGOT my wallet!  It was already packed with people.  I dont know what time on Friday the grocery store gets busy, or how long it stays busy, but I figure that I will try tomorrow! 

so When WILL election day finally be over?/
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader