News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Current Events

Started by mahagonny, October 08, 2021, 03:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Have you heard?

Attorney General Merrick Garland, that guardian of liberty who should have been on the Supreme Court, is siccing the DOJ, FBI after parents who would like a say in the values their children are taught in public school, which they fund, by law, with their blood sweat and tears.

and...
CRT is too abstruse for anyone to understand, so don't even try, but trust me, you're gonna love not being allowed to treat every stranger with equal trust and courtesy.

and...
Harvard has maxxed out its insurance coverage for lawsuits alleging they discriminate against Asian students in admissions, with one insurance company, and is suing another one for not covering the damages. This won't be on their website.

etc.

Any thoughts?

[How do you spell 'phthisic?'...pours more coffee]

mahagonny

I need a break from this place. I thought I would enjoy hearing from smart people, but I hear too many things about where our society is today that I don't understand, that disturb me. Western culture cannot thrive/survive by cultivating free-floating self-contempt.
I also hear too little engagement at a time when serious things are facing us. Well, maybe not that surprising. The public forum venue is too public for me at this time. Perhaps it is too public for other readers in some ways, too.
My experience here has been making me sick. Time to find more private places to hold conversation, or just quiet time.
Kindly refrain from replying to this post. Bye for now.

Economizer

A SPORTS OPINION OF PROFESSOR MAYWELL B. TRUE, the Broadcast Semantcist: "He was 'bout due for an off year anyways.".
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!