News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Song in Your Head Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 19, 2019, 07:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor_pat

Here in Pat_Paradise, we use "Freude Schöner Götterfunken" to clean out earworms. It hasn't failed yet.

Vkw10

Henry the Eighth I Am by Herman's Hermits.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Tenured_Feminist

polly_mer

Blue Oyster Cult's Veteran of the Psychic Wars was on the radio as I drove home.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mamselle

Yesterday it was Faure's Pavane (Op. no. 50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpgyTl8yqbw

but for some reason I kept looking for it among Satie's works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQeJjno6Y2I   

and then I thought it was the other well-known pavane from that era:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvRrWLDfXwI

So I spent some time enjoying them all...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

quasihumanist

Various random snippets of the Kreutzer Sonata.

Occasionally interrupted by snippets of the 5th cello sonata or the 10th violin sonata.

polly_mer

Juvenal

God has a lot to do, especially in the second verse of "God Save the Queen," where in some lines the Deity is implored to deal with the enemies of the serenity of the monarch:

"Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks"

Considering what's going on in the UK lately, the Almighty seems asleep at the switch.  Clever rhyme, 'tho.

For some reason this was running through my head as I was re-heating coffee in the microwave this a.m.  Why the Queen and the UK were in my mind... I despise tea, after all.
Cranky septuagenarian

mamselle

Considering the knavish trick that traded away the hard-won French fort at Louisberg for Madras' tea plantations, I could understand your antipathy to tea, juvenal.

That chimes with the "New England Bravery" text, set to the tune of 'Chevy Chase' that is squirreling it's way around in my brain now....or what's left of it.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

Quote from: Tenured_Feminist on May 23, 2019, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: Vkw10 on May 23, 2019, 05:35:37 PM
[NO!!!]

YOU MONSTER

Okay, I have to try to put an end to this.  I had previously come here to share my ear worm, saw Vkw10's post, and added a +1 to TF's post.  Then, my post was lost in the lost post disaster.  Now, every time I come to this thread I see Vkw10's post again and forget my own ear worm! I am adding my +1 again but am redacting the original tune listed in the hopes of breaking myself out of this vicious cycle.  Again I don't remember which song I came here to post!

Vkw10

A snatch of You'll Be Back from Hamilton.

And when push comes to shove
I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love
Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da
Da da dat dat da ya da
Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da
Da da dat dat da

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

chemigal

My mother once told me she met a man who'd gone deaf in a motorcycle accident.  The last song he heard was "American Pie".  He told her it had been stuck in his head for TWENTY YEARS!!!!

southerntransplant

The Eagles" "I Can't Tell You Why" has been stuck in my head since I heard it on the radio last week.

I've always liked this song, even though the lyrics are pure twaddle. I wonder if I can get my band to do it.

polly_mer

backatit

I have Snow Patrol's Lifening (weird word thread crossover here) stuck in my head because of the Women's World Cup - there's a line in it that goes "Ireland in the World Cup, either North or South," and that darned line has been running through my brain for DAYS...of course Ireland isn't playing in this one.