Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Maestro is channeling his inner Bastet.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: smallcleanrat on July 09, 2020, 12:23:52 PM
Their silent swiftness is quite impressive.

SO bought a collar with a small bell on it for the Maestro, so we would have an easier time locating him (and avoiding tripping over him when he unexpectedly darts in our way).

One day I hear a startled yelp from the next room followed by "Where did you come from?!?" Maestro had figured out how to stalk SO without a single jingle of the bell.

That is impressive! Elder Evil cat is also very good at slinking around quietly. We were watching tv and heard growling from the other room. Elder Evil cat managed to sneak in there when we opened the gate for a nanosecond and was trying to intimidate Eldest Evil cat for her food.

OneMoreYear

Last week, I added some cat nip to one of the cat beds. Neither cat appeared interested, and I though maybe it had lost potency.  This morning, Ricochet dived into the cat bed, writhed around in ecstasy, flipped the cat bed upside down, and flopped on the upside-down catbed and remained sprawled, eyes partially open for the better part of the morning.  Currently, she is sitting on top of the cabinet in the living room, staring at the wall.   She does not appear to have the munchies yet.

AmLitHist

Catnip was created for the enjoyment of cat owners watching their cats partake of it.

(ALHS refuses to give it to ours, saying he won't be their drug hookup. I suppose I'm contributing to their delinquency.)

mamselle

Just ran across this in a book on how to play the recorder (i.e., the early instrument) in the section on care and handling of the newly-purchased item in its case:

"If  your instrument is plastic, you will probably find the tenons of the center joint covered with plastic caps....Slip the caps off, and if you don't want them to get lost, put them back in the case, particularly if you have cats. Otherwise you will find them under the refrigerator someday." The author then goes on in a dry, informative way, to explain how to grease the joints.

You can always tell when people have/have had cats. You have to factor them into everything...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on July 14, 2020, 09:34:47 AM
Last week, I added some cat nip to one of the cat beds. Neither cat appeared interested, and I though maybe it had lost potency.  This morning, Ricochet dived into the cat bed, writhed around in ecstasy, flipped the cat bed upside down, and flopped on the upside-down catbed and remained sprawled, eyes partially open for the better part of the morning.  Currently, she is sitting on top of the cabinet in the living room, staring at the wall.   She does not appear to have the munchies yet.

Hilarious.

FishProf

I just found all three cats in a circle in the kitchen, legs tucked up out of sight and NOT FIGHTING.

Sort of a Legless-cat Detente. 

Or Cat-Loaf Nirvana
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

Larimar

Quote from: FishProf on July 14, 2020, 11:05:09 AM
I just found all three cats in a circle in the kitchen, legs tucked up out of sight and NOT FIGHTING.

Or Cat-Loaf Nirvana

Curiouser and curiouser.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: Larimar on July 14, 2020, 11:25:32 AM

Or Cat-Loaf Nirvana

Curiouser and curiouser.

In best Professor Snape voice, "Careful . . someone might think you are . . . up to something."

evil_physics_witchcraft

Or Cat-Loaf Nirvana

Maybe you stumbled upon their weekly council meeting?

FishProf

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on July 14, 2020, 12:54:12 PM

Or Cat-Loaf Nirvana

Maybe you stumbled upon their weekly council meeting?

Based on their behavior this morning, they summoned a demon (or three)

mamselle

So, you're thinking cat-coven?

Mmmm.....

M.

FishProf

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on July 15, 2020, 07:26:27 AM
So, you're thinking cat-coven?

Mmmm.....

M.

Don't they need 13 members for that? Maybe they're recruiting?