News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmLitHist

FishProf

Orestes spent the night vomiting, won't eat, and is now back at the hospital.

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Volhiker78

Quote from: FishProf on September 07, 2020, 09:54:03 AM

Sorry to hear that.  Hope he gets better soon.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: FishProf on September 07, 2020, 09:54:03 AM

Poor buddy. So sorry to hear this FishProf. Hope you get good news soon.

FishProf

Orestes is going under the knife again (that is 3x since March).  X-rays showed fluid build-up in intestines and some "loopy foreign bodies" in the intestines.

Foe those of you not up to speed on my little idiot, he likes to eat hair elastics.  19 all told last time.  Who knows how many this time.

He's lucky he's so cute....

I'm lucky I said yes to the under-enrolled extra courses.

Puget

Quote from: FishProf on September 07, 2020, 11:55:01 AM
Orestes is going under the knife again (that is 3x since March).  X-rays showed fluid build-up in intestines and some "loopy foreign bodies" in the intestines.

Foe those of you not up to speed on my little idiot, he likes to eat hair elastics.  19 all told last time.  Who knows how many this time.

He's lucky he's so cute....

I'm lucky I said yes to the under-enrolled extra courses.

Poor baby and poor budget! Maybe it's time to ban elastics from the household? Bulky inedible barrettes only, or short hair for all!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

FishProf

I threatened shaving everyone's head.  Smolt and MrsFsihProf were aghast, but i have the longest hair so the most to give up (although, given standard hair style lengths by gender, the least to lose).

A thorough cleaning up is a better plan.

Larimar

Sorry to hear it. Poor Orestes. Hope he'll be okay and won't eat any more hair elastics.

mamselle

Maybe some were still in his stomach and hadn't gotten into the part of the intestines they operated on the last time (trying to give Orestes at least a tiny bit of the benefit of the doubt...)?

But the ear-buds tell against him...

All good thoughts.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Orestes is out of surgery.  It wasn't elastics, although the docs were all surprises based on the x-rays. 

It was some black cap thingie with threads.  I asked them to save it so I could know what he ate and keep similar things away from him.

But he's ok.

mamselle

Glad he's ok, hope he learns to curb his appetites.

Scritches, anyway....after all, he's a kitty.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

It's good to hear that Orestes is out of surgery.

Larimar

Glad Orestes got through the surgery okay. Hope he won't continue to eat weird stuff.

FishProf

Smolt just completed a top to bottom sweep of the house to collect anything he might eat. 

Basically, anything smaller than his head, apparently.

He comes home midday.

mamselle

Good use of children, to have them do the cleaning.

Cats the world over will take note, no doubt.

Happy homecoming to Orestes, and let's hope he stays out of trouble!

M.