News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneMoreYear

Quote from: statsgeek on November 16, 2020, 04:43:29 AM
Anybody have tricks to prevent unrolling of toilet paper?  There's not really an easily accessible drawer we can put it inside.  We've lost 2 rolls in the last 24 hours, even after I explained that we couldn't afford to waste any right now.

What, the explanation did not work? I think there are toilet paper guards you can buy to stop the cat from doing this. The other (free) trick is to squish the cardboard roll somewhat, so it's not a circle anymore, and the TP does not roll as easily (we did this with our kittens, and the TP game was not as much fun, so they gave up on it). Or keep the door to the bathroom closed?

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat has been galloping around the room, down the stairs and back up again.

I think she's having a good time.

Puget

The new gas "wood" stove in the living room has exponentially increased evening contentedness for all beings in the house. Currently Panther Boy is in one of the cat baskets directly in front of the fire, and Little Calico is temporarily eschewing her basket to nestle against my legs on the footrest poof.

They have learned the sound it makes when turned on and come running, if they aren't already hopefully lined up in their baskets waiting.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

They always know where the warmth is....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 16, 2020, 03:47:50 PM
Youngest evil cat has been galloping around the room, down the stairs and back up again.

Does youngest evil cat need a (virtual) running partner? Ricochet is also an expert house galloper.

Quote from: Puget on November 16, 2020, 04:46:26 PM
The new gas "wood" stove in the living room has exponentially increased evening contentedness for all beings in the house. Currently Panther Boy is in one of the cat baskets directly in front of the fire, and Little Calico is temporarily eschewing her basket to nestle against my legs on the footrest poof.

They have learned the sound it makes when turned on and come running, if they aren't already hopefully lined up in their baskets waiting.

You are clearly an excellent cat servant, providing both heat and cat baskets.  A good life indeed.

onehappyunicorn

As it has finally started to cool off here our cats are also getting more active. Our cat Poe, who weighs close to 20lbs now, went flying through the sunroom yesterday and scurried up the cat tower. Even with the tower as solid as it is there was a lot of rocking and swaying.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on November 17, 2020, 05:58:54 AM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 16, 2020, 03:47:50 PM

Does youngest evil cat need a (virtual) running partner? Ricochet is also an expert house galloper.

Maybe. We've thought about adopting a kitten or puppy. The older cats don't really want to play with her. Sometimes Elder evil cat gets a bug up his bum and will play (a little), but most days, he will try to bite her. :(

OneMoreYear

I did a virtual session from home today for preschoolers, which involved puppets. Ninja usually snoozes while I teach class, although she occasionally walks in front of the computer or tries to lay under the doc cam. Today, she would not leave me alone. She kept trying to bop the puppets (which would have been awesome if we were doing Little Bunny Foo Foo, but alas we were not) and bat the papers from my hand. No idea what was up with her today. Maybe it is the increased activity with the colder weather, or maybe she really hates my turtle puppet.

mamselle

I bet the preschoolers loved it, though!

(Maybe the cat has a good sense of her best, most natural audience and just knows to play to them?)

One of my cats, when she was a tiny kitten, used to jump up on the accordion when I was practicing. She'd land just under my nose, settle in, and try to stay there while I played, worked the bellows, etc.

She actually didn't always fall off, or jump, either.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

smallcleanrat

OneMoreYear, your post about the right cats finding the right people gave me such warm fuzzies. Wanted to write a heartfelt response, but the fuzzies in my brain are an obstacle at moment.

Really feeling unwell this past week; Maestro's been going above and beyond his companion cat duties. Spending a lot of time in bed feeling wretched; Maestro has been foregoing his usual routines to cuddle up with me (delaying his breakfast; skipping his morning zoomies; once even turning down an afternoon snack to stay by my side). I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for this sweet furry feline. It's like he's telling me "The kibble can wait. Right now, I just want to be here for you." If that's not a cat's version of saying, "I love you." I don't know what is.

mamselle

Awwww....good boy, Maestro.

I hope you feel better soon.

M.

clean

QuoteI did a virtual session from home today for preschoolers, which involved puppets. Ninja usually snoozes while I teach class, although she occasionally walks in front of the computer or tries to lay under the doc cam. Today, she would not leave me alone. She kept trying to bop the puppets

Puppets are clearly kitty toys!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

smallcleanrat

Quote from: clean on November 17, 2020, 02:18:09 PM
QuoteI did a virtual session from home today for preschoolers, which involved puppets. Ninja usually snoozes while I teach class, although she occasionally walks in front of the computer or tries to lay under the doc cam. Today, she would not leave me alone. She kept trying to bop the puppets

Puppets are clearly kitty toys!!

Or tiny home invaders that need to be eradicated for the safety of the household.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on November 17, 2020, 09:34:33 AM
I did a virtual session from home today for preschoolers, which involved puppets. Ninja usually snoozes while I teach class, although she occasionally walks in front of the computer or tries to lay under the doc cam. Today, she would not leave me alone. She kept trying to bop the puppets (which would have been awesome if we were doing Little Bunny Foo Foo, but alas we were not) and bat the papers from my hand. No idea what was up with her today. Maybe it is the increased activity with the colder weather, or maybe she really hates my turtle puppet.

Maybe she wanted to be in the show too!

clean

QuoteMaybe she wanted to be in the show too!

STAR in the show!!  Kitties are vain prima donnas! 

(They are not believers in the "no small parts - for losers!" school of thought!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader