News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Welcome Aboard!

Started by eigen, May 16, 2019, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

I did not expect this to happen so quickly.

Color me impressed, and relieved to not be losing a community.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

polly_mer

You underestimated the fabulous Eigen?

We're still alpha here as we're trying things out, but it's great to see so many people wanting to continue the community and ready to try the alpha.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

eigen

Quote from: polly_mer on May 19, 2019, 06:03:09 AM

We're still alpha here as we're trying things out, but it's great to see so many people wanting to continue the community and ready to try the alpha.

I think we're rapidly moving through alpha into an open beta, given the number of registered users and conversations.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

polly_mer

Quote from: eigen on May 19, 2019, 06:32:32 AM

I think we're rapidly moving through alpha into an open beta, given the number of registered users and conversations.

Ah, different backgrounds.

My professional life doesn't gauge alpha/beta by number of participants.  Instead, we gauge alpha/beta by how frequent the "how in the world would you do  <very basic task>?" questions are from people who were users of the previous released version.  Once those questions are down to seldom, the next release is tagged beta.

FishProf

Well, since it would be impossible to overestimate.......
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

janewales

Hi everyone!

That's it, really. Thanks to all who made the effort to get this new place going.

backatit

I don't have the same username as I did on the other forum - ARGH. I didn't even think about it when I was setting it up, but I didn't post all that much anyway (enough that I can probably just get away with being a new poster), but my former username was "thatmoody." It didn't really mean anything (I said something one day about being moody and someone said "well, you're not THAT moody" and it was close to when I was having to set up a user account). This one means even less :D. One of these days I'll put some thought into a user account.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: backatit on May 19, 2019, 08:22:32 AM
I don't have the same username as I did on the other forum - ARGH. I didn't even think about it when I was setting it up, but I didn't post all that much anyway (enough that I can probably just get away with being a new poster), but my former username was "thatmoody." It didn't really mean anything (I said something one day about being moody and someone said "well, you're not THAT moody" and it was close to when I was having to set up a user account). This one means even less :D. One of these days I'll put some thought into a user account.

Welcome back! If you want to change your username at some point, the mods can do it for you. Just PM one of us.

FWIW, I'm posting with a new moniker myself, because I think it's time to retire the old one, which I used for stuff since I was a kid. But it's easy enough to figure out who I am/was.

EDIT: Also, we're up to 98 members, which is really not bad at all! That's certainly enough for a decent and healthy little community.
I know it's a genus.

Thursday's_Child

It's nice to see so many familiar monikers, although I decided to change mine.  Somehow, I doubt I'll be or sound any different than previously!

ab_grp

Hi, everyone! This is great.  Thanks so much to all who put in the work to get the site up and running.   I have only had a few minutes to look around but already have a couple threads open to read more thoroughly.  I'm happy to see so many valued fora folk giving the new place a try. 

backatit

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 19, 2019, 09:50:27 AM

Welcome back! If you want to change your username at some point, the mods can do it for you. Just PM one of us.

Thank you for letting me know that. If I think of anything particularly relevant or meaningful, I'll let one of you know ;).

FWIW, I'm posting with a new moniker myself, because I think it's time to retire the old one, which I used for stuff since I was a kid. But it's easy enough to figure out who I am/was.

EDIT: Also, we're up to 98 members, which is really not bad at all! That's certainly enough for a decent and healthy little community.

aside

I'm not sure I'm reading your username correctly!

polly_mer

Quote from: aside on May 19, 2019, 05:03:55 PM

I'm not sure I'm reading your username correctly!

I keep telling myself the intent is probably Back At It, but I continue to giggle every time. 

It reminds me of how, even after reading the explanation, Expat In UK was still more like a take-off on a satellite name and I couldn't unsee U Suk Prof once someone pointed it out.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: polly_mer on May 19, 2019, 05:34:29 PM

I keep telling myself the intent is probably Back At It, but I continue to giggle every time. 

It reminds me of how, even after reading the explanation, Expat In UK was still more like a take-off on a satellite name and I couldn't unsee U Suk Prof once someone pointed it out.

My experience is identical to yours.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Since caps are possible, would BackAtIt be..hmmm, no the cap "I" is actually more suggestive, if anything.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.