Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ergative on June 23, 2020, 01:44:11 AM
Quote from: San Joaquin on June 22, 2020, 07:28:02 AM
I wanna tell people that wearing your mask draped across your chin, rather than over your mouth and nose, only makes it look like you need a drool bucket.

I want to tell people that not covering your nose with your mask is like, well like this. (NSFW, sort of in a cartoony way, if that even matters anymore.)

Hahahahaha! I needed a laugh.

writingprof

I want to tell people that I knew the NASCAR "noose" story was a hoax, dammit, and was too lazy to say so on Twitter.  I judge myself. 

ergative

I figured this out last week: When you 'go out for a run' you don't actually have to run the whole time! You can walk when you get tired!

jimbogumbo

writingprof

Quote from: jimbogumbo on June 24, 2020, 03:10:00 PM
No doubts now. You are a troll.

Since the word "you" in your post has no antecedent, we can only assume you're talking about the author of the previous post, Ergative.
On the merits, we must conclude that you are incorrect.  The fact that Ergative sometimes slows to a walk while jogging does not necessarily make him or her a troll.  Beings other than trolls occasionally engage in such behavior.

ergative

Quote from: writingprof on June 24, 2020, 03:41:41 PM

Since the word "you" in your post has no antecedent, we can only assume you're talking about the author of the previous post, Ergative.
On the merits, we must conclude that you are incorrect.  The fact that Ergative sometimes slows to a walk while jogging does not necessarily make him or her a troll.  Beings other than trolls occasionally engage in such behavior.

In principle, you are absolutely correct. In this particular case, though, it is true that I live under a bridge, and my massive, stocky, knobbled and hairy physique does sometimes interfere with lissome movement. Jimbogumbo may well be on to something.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: writingprof on June 24, 2020, 03:41:41 PM

If you assumed that it is on you, and in a meaner spirit I would call you out for a logic fail. The name of this thread is "The Post For Stuff You Want To Tell People", not "The Post You Want To Tell The Poster Directly Above Your Post".

It in fact has nothing to do with ergative. I do though in want to say this to multiple people.

ab_grp

My high school class Facebook page had a very exciting couple days of very odd rants from a very odd classmate.  But because of that, I found out that one of my friends is friends with an award-winning musical artist and actor who was very popular in the 90s.  The brouhaha started on my friend's personal page, and musical artist chimed in at some point.  Another friend replied and added "And hey, is that really [artist]?"  Artist replied "Hi, I'm [artist].  I'm [friend]'s friend." It was a high point in a rather disturbing set of circumstances. 

polly_mer

Science by press release is not reliable.  Good general audience article: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/health/science-by-press-release-gupta/index.html

Now, if only the rest of the outlets took the lessons to heart...
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

ab_grp

Quote from: polly_mer on July 01, 2020, 09:32:22 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 01, 2020, 09:28:47 AM
Happy Canada Day, Fora!

Happy Canada Day to you, Parasaurolophus!

+1! More wishes for a Happy Canada Day, Parasaurolophus.  Do you do anything in particular to celebrate?

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

(Unrelated)

No, cult family member, you CAN trust the FDA, CDC, WHO, etc. (basically anyone who isn't Fox News). Do not try to make my potentially sick sibling take some conspiracy-theory pushed garbage that could make them sicker!!!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ab_grp on July 01, 2020, 11:01:43 AM

+1! More wishes for a Happy Canada Day, Parasaurolophus.  Do you do anything in particular to celebrate?

Nope. When I was a kid we went to see the fireworks on St. Jean (June 24), and only occasionally went to see them on Canada Day. Since it's moving day in Québec (the day when everyone's lease ends and starts), there was a lot of moving of friends, family members, etc. for a solid chunk of my teenaged and adult years. So I never got into the habit.

I ritually moved some books from old shelves to the new one, though. So there's that!
I know it's a genus.