News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I saw its watery equivalent on a lake at the church camp we attended as kids.

I was in Jr. Hi and about to get a canoe down off the rack when a scruffy, leafy little waterspout just blew up in front of us.

Came out of nowhere. Scared the living daylights out of us.

I don't know about my canoeing partner, but I was definitely praying.

Hard.

Then it left.

Weird.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

After a tennish-year hiatus  I've taken up juggling again. I'm a little rusty but not too bad--most of the old three-ball tricks have come back to me.

My goal is to figure out four balls by the end of the year. It always eluded me before.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 07, 2020, 10:39:20 AM
After a tennish-year hiatus  I've taken up juggling again. I'm a little rusty but not too bad--most of the old three-ball tricks have come back to me.

My goal is to figure out four balls by the end of the year. It always eluded me before.

I'm sending you a PM

●

○             ●
Uuu          uuU

M.

;--》

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 07, 2020, 10:39:20 AM

I wanna tell you that I read that as JOGGING.  I was very confused.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

hmaria1609

AmLitHist

We watched the space station fly over on Tuesday evening.

mamselle

A fellow I worked for in Ohio, a long time ago, told me about seeing what he presumed was Sputnik (he was an early radio buff, and had been tracking it) fly over in the 1950s.

The comparisons boggle my mind (which is, of course, easily boggled).

M.

secundem_artem

Yet again, both the MacArthur Foundation and the Nobel Prize Committee seem to have lost my phone number.  Hope springs eternal......
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

evil_physics_witchcraft

Why in the !@$#%@ are you replying to all? I do not need to know the specifics for your department. The person who sent the email needs to know- not me! So far, two people have done this.

mamselle

Quote from: secundem_artem on October 08, 2020, 10:14:46 AM
Yet again, both the MacArthur Foundation and the Nobel Prize Committee seem to have lost my phone number.  Hope springs eternal......

I know.

Mine, too.

They keep giving it to folks who have already done stuff and gotten awards for it.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Kwell. I did the thing that I was supposed to have done by nine days ago and which has been weighing on me ever since, but now I don't have the energy for emails.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Our town library is great and our chief librarian is amazing.

They arranged for us to have database access to sites you usually have to be in the library, onsite, to use (like the genealogy sites I use for my 17th-18th c. research).

It works. Just got the probated wills for a gravestone I'm writing about, without going out the door.

Whew.

M. 

Vkw10

Quote from: mamselle on October 09, 2020, 05:58:36 PM

They arranged for us to have database access to sites you usually have to be in the library, onsite, to use (like the genealogy sites I use for my 17th-18th c. research).

It works. Just got the probated wills for a gravestone I'm writing about, without going out the door.

Whew.

M.
Have you written your library board and chief librarian a note about how great the library is? I've written our library board a couple of times this year, because I want them to have evidence of library's importance when fighting for budget.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ergative

Quote from: Vkw10 on October 09, 2020, 06:38:25 PM
Quote from: mamselle on October 09, 2020, 05:58:36 PM

Whew.

M.
Have you written your library board and chief librarian a note about how great the library is? I've written our library board a couple of times this year, because I want them to have evidence of library's importance when fighting for budget.

Agreed. I've been much quicker to write notes of appreciation ever since I read Louis Sachar's book There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom, in which a really important guidance counselor at a school, who helps our main character so much, loses her job because the parents who don't like her complain, while the ones who do like stay silent.

Parasaurolophus

Got my hands on some free quinces. I guess I'll be making... fruit leather? I don't much care for jams and jellies.
I know it's a genus.