News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Worst candy

Started by jimbogumbo, October 12, 2021, 10:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ergative

I've been thinking more about this. Aren't they called 'bullseyes'? When I google 'bullseye candy' I get all these links to the company Goetze, which makes 'caramel creams': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetze%27s_Candy_Company

So it seems that they're a genuinely independent brand. I recognize the packaging, but I also remember the brown and orange packaging that was discussed upthread. So there might be knockoff bullseyes that make their appearance this time of year.

paultuttle

Quote from: Aster on October 14, 2021, 06:14:34 PM
Quote from: ciao_yall on October 14, 2021, 04:58:53 PM
Quote from: Vkw10 on October 14, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
Quote from: onehappyunicorn on October 14, 2021, 05:46:45 AM
Also, whoppers are super gross.

I like Whoppers. At least, I like the first few. More than five is blah. More than ten is yucky. This is good, as I never overeat Whoppers.

Don't like malt. Tastes like chalk.

Oh yeah. Whoppers. Them things nasty.

+1

lightning

It's the variety packs. They mix the garbage candy, as filler, with the desirable candy. I went out and bought Hershey chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Kit Kats, and I mixed them altogether. Kids deserve better than getting filler candy like Butterfingers, Snickers, and Baby Ruth.

mamselle

De gustibus, clearly!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Quote from: lightning on October 21, 2021, 01:12:57 PM
It's the variety packs. They mix the garbage candy, as filler, with the desirable candy. I went out and bought Hershey chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Kit Kats, and I mixed them altogether. Kids deserve better than getting filler candy like Butterfingers, Snickers, and Baby Ruth.

Snickers & Butterfingers over Kit Kat & Hershey chocolate any day! You and I should split a variety pack--although we might need to fight over the Reese's.

permanent imposter

I will eat almost any candy but if someone set out a bowl of Hershey's Kisses I wouldn't touch them. I don't hate them; they're just boring.

Speaking of boring, Werther's Caramels, too.

Kron3007

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 13, 2021, 09:18:24 AM
Quote from: Morden on October 13, 2021, 09:11:46 AM
Here's a retro one for Canadians--Thrills gum (it was purple and tasted like soap)
Actually, I also remember gummy candies that tasted like soap.

I never encountered it, but it looks like you can buy it on Well.ca ...

I loved thrills.  It did kinda taste like soap, but in an oddly good way.

I don't care for those Halloween kiss candies (molasses I think).