News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Sun, which is like medicine right now.  Yet more rain expected in a few days, but we're enjoying this sun while it lasts.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Chilly but clear today. Very nice, really, for March.

Threat of sleety snow tomorrow...or maybe not?...which will determine whether I meet with my godsister (we had the same godmother at confirmation) for breakfast at the diner and a day-long costume-sewing fest, or stay home and sew stuff here.

Either is fine, we'll decide at 8 AM.

(Having just gotten the cast off and a boot installed, I am NOT going out in any snow'n'ice, thankyouverymuch....)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

65F with clouds, just after sunset. Expected to be sunny, with lows in the 40s and highs in the 70s for the weekend. Nice, after a rainy week.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

paultuttle

Sunny and spring-like. High pollen counts through the end of the week.

Catherder

Heavy snow!  First day I'm content about staying home.

AmLitHist

90 freaking degrees yesterday.  46 this morning.  Tonight, low of 34, with chance of frost out here in the boondocks.  And pollen galore.

(It was nice to spend all yesterday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., outside working in the yard, though.)

ab_grp

We've had fairly sunny weather lately, highs in the high 70s or low 80s, so not too hot just yet.  Windy at times, as usual. 

hmaria1609

Sunny and high winds here today

mamselle

Chilly, cool, a bit windy.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

paultuttle

High 70s and lower 80s for the last 2-3 days, followed by fast-moving rainstorms that washed away much of the pollen, but certainly not enough.

Now, a cold front is coming through and blowing the pollen around (and through the cracks around our 1953 brick ranch-style house's 1953-vintage metal-framed windows). So I'm having to take more Claritin (tm) and use more generic Flonase (tm).

It'll be nice when the weather changes over completely to early summer, so we no longer will have to change from heat overnight and in the morning to air conditioning in the afternoon.

Morden

tiva

1 to 2 feet of snow headed our way over the weekend, with gale-force winds from the north. Perfect time to shelter in place!

apl68

Beautiful and mild today--with severe weather coming for Easter.  For symbolic purposes Easter and Good Friday really ought to have it the other way around, but outside of Hollywood (Where it always rains for funerals and shines on happy occasions) we can't expect the weather to follow the appropriate symbolism. 
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

I meant to post earlier, I hope all those in the areas where tornadoes are often seen are safe.

M.

Vkw10

Spring. Yesterday had a high of 90, then late afternoon thunderstorms. Today was sunny with a high of 74 and more thunderstorms expected.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)