News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Help: Get Your Own Post Edited

Started by polly_mer, May 30, 2020, 09:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Report your own post using the "report to moderator" link on your post.  Provide details on what you'd like done.

That "report to moderator" link goes to all moderators and is the fastest way to get an action.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Cheerful

Why aren't we given more time to edit or completely delete posts?

eigen

The current edit window is an hour, which was the same on the old CHE forums.

We kept it because it seemed to work well, and also seems to be good timing to prevent people from editing a discussion underwayin a manner that significantly effects an ongoing conversation.

If you have thoughts or suggestions, there are ongoing discussions on board setup and moderation which see very little use.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Cheerful

Quote from: eigen on June 08, 2020, 11:46:37 AM

We kept it because it seemed to work well, and also seems to be good timing to prevent people from editing a discussion underwayin a manner that significantly effects an ongoing conversation.

If you have thoughts or suggestions, there are ongoing discussions on board setup and moderation which see very little use.

Thanks.  Please direct me to the appropriate discussion thread should I wish to post further on this issue.

eigen

Quote from: Cheerful on June 08, 2020, 02:15:33 PM
Quote from: eigen on June 08, 2020, 11:46:37 AM

Thanks.  Please direct me to the appropriate discussion thread should I wish to post further on this issue.

There's a whole subforum for this: https://thefora.org/index.php?board=9.0
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...