News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Cathwen, I like ours better, too! And best wishes on a smooth second vaccination dose and recovery.

ciao_yall

Yes, good luck with your recovery. I was lucky and had no side effects, but who knows? Plan on soup, rest and maybe SB to entertain you.

Parasaurolophus

I missed some easy ones yesterday, but am nearly at genius today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

cathwen, best wishes for the post-vaccine recovery. Symptoms are a good sign. Hope you are planning to get some rest.

I keep seeing words with n--I feel like the child who kept saying "I see dead people".

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Found words yesterday that my tongue is still tripping over, such as mammalogy. Then there were the two lolly words, one of which I remembered from an earlier puzzle.

15 words today, pangram and genius. Familiar words so far, but I am stumped.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB: Yesterday, Langue_doc, I had the same problem but with the letter R.

LB: Got poufs-starlight.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I missed lollygag and lallygag (husband also missed the latter).  Ugh.  Had the same issue as you with words that need an n, Langue_doc!

I got a 2fer, but I am not surprised to see it's not the official solution (rapist-thoughtful).  I guess mine is technically more elegant, as it doesn't reuse the h, but I wish I had found harpist.  Obviously, I found thoughtful first.

For today, we just got up, but I managed to get to Alpha during the getting ready stage (94).  Almost time for coffee/crossword, but a little later on I have to head out for my second dose, so hopefully that's not as much of a mess as it was the first time.  Hopefully I can get the final 10 or so points, for gosh sake.

Happy solving!

On preview: I like ciao_yall's solution!

Langue_doc

Good luck with the vaccination site being better organized this time, ab_grp.

I think we've all had our shots. As I recall, ciao_yall got the second one recently, and cathwen, yesterday.

ciao_yall

SB - Yesterday with some aided recall I got everything but gloomy, /headsmack; ones I thought I tried gloopy, logy; and learned a new word lallygag.

Today, Genius, 2fer so far.

ETA, yes, got the second last week. No side effects at all. Husband got the J&J and felt knocked out the next day but is now fine.

ab_grp

Thanks, Langue_doc! Hopefully it will go smoothly.  I'm glad it worked out well for everyone here thus far.

I got to QB, at least, no real tough words in it.  And I have two contenders for LB that use up all the letters, though I can't figure out how to put them together or whether I will have to abandon one or the other.  Maybe I can also get the sudokus done just in case.

ciao_yall

Ab_grp, I got my 2fer with word I didn't think was a word but tried just in case... if that helps?

ETA: My favorite part of the morning is seeing what other 2fers everyone came up with.

Parasaurolophus

Easy genius today, now for the rest.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall, and thanks for the tip! I guess I was distracted earlier and didn't see that you already got one.  I will try some variations on what I have! I like seeing all the 2fers, too.

Congrats, Parasaurolophus! I thought today's was pretty easy overall, especially compared to some of the recent ones.  Good luck!

Happy to say that this appointment, though it took about the same amount of time, felt much less stressful.  I still had to fill out the danged form, but the check-in lady let me do it at the counter, so it was much quicker, and I had already looked up my doctor's info.  I did have the opportunity to be behind a person throughout the process who I will only describe as very chatty.  Now to order some burgers for lunch and something healthier for dinner!

I hope cathwen is feeling well today!

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on April 08, 2021, 11:19:39 AM

Happy to say that this appointment, though it took about the same amount of time, felt much less stressful.  I still had to fill out the danged form, but the check-in lady let me do it at the counter, so it was much quicker, and I had already looked up my doctor's info.  I did have the opportunity to be behind a person throughout the process who I will only describe as very chatty.  Now to order some burgers for lunch and something healthier for dinner!

I hope cathwen is feeling well today!

Glad to hear that you made it, despite having to fill out the form again. You'd think that people who get their second shots would be in the system.

Cathwen, I've been thinking of you too.
Posted by: ciao_yall
« on: Today at 08:03:57 AM »Insert Quote

ETA: My favorite part of the morning is seeing what other 2fers everyone came up with.

Mine too, even on the days when I don't complete the puzzle.

cathwen

Thank you, everyone, for the good wishes for a mild reaction to the vaccine! 

Unfortunately, I had a pretty severe reaction (fever 103, every muscle and joint in my body painful, nausea, chills, dizziness...) and have spent all day in bed. And wouldn't you know, this is the day that my husband had to be on campus!   I'm feeling a little better this evening, but not great.  And he is on his way home. All will be well.

I haven't even had the energy to work much on SB and LB today!  I have 12 whole words/57 points/amazing in SB at this point.  And an LB solution is still eluding me.  That may be as far as I get today.  Mañana!

Yesterday, though I got ploughs-starfish for LB and I got to Beta in SB.