News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

New theme: Mobile Friendly

Started by eigen, June 04, 2019, 05:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Hi all:

I modified one of the available forum themes (Dani) that's a "responsive" theme with a mobile friendly format for smartphones.

Users are able to select their own themes under Profile -> Look and Layout -> "current theme".

I haven't tested the new theme extensively, but it seems simple and functional. I did some minor edits to re-orient some of the portions to remove logo/branding and put the "new posts and replies" in the top left instead of the top right, but if you find any other issues, let me know.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

pgher

This is much appreciated! The WAP2 is OK, but not great. However, I don't see that option on my profile. I see options to change the time format but not the theme.

eigen

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out! I tweaked some settings- see if the option appears for you now.
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

pgher

mamselle

I think my phone is not showing my sig line, just the sidebar stuff. My online version shows both.

Is that a bug or a feature?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

eigen

I can see your signature fine on my phone, so I'm guessing it's something browser specific?

phattangent

I fully expected to find a Constable in the kitchen, waiting to take me up. -- Pip in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

phattangent

Quote from: phattangent on July 25, 2019, 03:23:18 PMI don't see the option: https://imgur.com/a/M9Wzejk

Never mind. I found it. That was not an intuitive sequence of clicks.
I fully expected to find a Constable in the kitchen, waiting to take me up. -- Pip in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

stemer

Quote from: phattangent on July 25, 2019, 04:10:01 PM
Quote from: phattangent on July 25, 2019, 03:23:18 PMI don't see the option: https://imgur.com/a/M9Wzejk

...would you mind sharing where you found it?

polly_mer

Quote from: stemer on September 29, 2019, 05:39:38 AM
Quote from: phattangent on July 25, 2019, 04:10:01 PM

...would you mind sharing where you found it?

Click the " profile " header.   Then, possibly click and hold the new " Profile" link that appears near the middle of the page or select " modify profile" from the new menu in the middle of the page. 

The exact sequence depends on your theme.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!