News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - A few odd misses. Off to start today's.

LB - bower-reticulated as well. For some reason I was thinking of the endoplasmic reticulum which we learned about in junior high biology class. I can't remember without googling what it is, but it was our playful insult to one another for a while. "Stop being such an endoplasmic reticulum!" So, you see, that broad education came in handy.

Husband took a few ibuprofen-PMs last night and slept it off.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 04, 2021, 09:09:32 AM
Two pangrams so far.

Wow! Still stuck on "great," no pangrams yet. Came here to brag about a 3fer.

There's a "Split Decisions" in the old-school paper today so I'll be busy!

Langue_doc

Think prefixes and suffixes; commonly used words so far.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I also got bower-reticulated for yesterday's LB. 

I gave up, though, on SB.  I would love to cite my lack of time, but I don't think it's just that!  Words I should have gotten:  toot, tooted (how did I miss those?), and intentioned.  As for tontine donee, and toonie, well...

Today I am at amazing with one pangram.  But I have a 2fer for LB.

Langue_doc, your birding expedition sounded exhausting but fun!  I'm on the lookout for the first of the warblers, which should be showing up sometime in the next week or so. 

Ciao_yall, Split Decisions is one of my favorite alternate puzzles!  Have fun!

ciao_yall

Genius and 2 pangrams.

3fer, 2fer b4ss so hope the 2fer comes soon. Channeling cathwen...

ab_grp

I'm now two words away from QB.  And one of them is four letters, which is unusual for me.  Oh well, will try more later.

It's funny that I got a different LB solution from all of you, and that none of us got the official one!

Cathwen, toonie was my final word, and toot(ed) came along pretty late, I think.  Tontine is one of those bee words I just always look for.  And congrats on your 2fer! I have a couple more contenders now.

Good luck with your 2fer, ciao_yall!

ab_grp

Got to QB! Whew.  No solution for LB yet, though.  Gotta do some real work for a bit and then get back to it.

cathwen

Congratulations on QB, ab_grp!

I am two words away from QB!  Argh! 

Langue_doc

You'll get there, cathwen. There are no exotic words. Congrats, ab_grp.

Found some interesting words for LB, but no mates yet. The crosswords are out, and there's grading to be done, so LB is on the back burner for now.

As for yesterday's LB, the word reticulated for me occurs in one and only one context--reticulated python.

ciao_yall

Since everyone else was having trouble with LB I decided to hit the solver. Gah. Not that hard.

Langue_doc

Good morning, all.

Genius with two pangrams.

LB jungles/stablish. I didn't think that the latter was a word, but tried it anyway.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Through the online solver I got jungle-establish or jubilate-enlightens. What is driving me batty is one of my 3fers was jungle-stab-bish SO CLOSE! 2fer b4ss was bluejeans-sight.

About 60% through the Split Decisions puzzle.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I also got jungle-establish.  Maybe I can continue my unusual LB-solving streak today.

Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc! I hope you got QB as well, cathwen!

I am at 167 today with two pangrams but have hit a wall for now.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Genius and two pangrams this morning. Will try to get further later.

Well done, ab_grp!
I know it's a genus.