News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Noooo...  I'm so sorry that you had a bad reaction and went through all that, cathwen, but I am very glad that you are feeling a bit better.  The puzzles are here for you every day! Just take care.  Hoping you feel so much better tomorrow.

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on April 08, 2021, 03:24:20 PM
Thank you, everyone, for the good wishes for a mild reaction to the vaccine! 

Unfortunately, I had a pretty severe reaction (fever 103, every muscle and joint in my body painful, nausea, chills, dizziness...) and have spent all day in bed. And wouldn't you know, this is the day that my husband had to be on campus!   I'm feeling a little better this evening, but not great.  And he is on his way home. All will be well.

Well, they say that means you have a strong immune system!

I haven't had any reaction to the COVID vaccine, nor to the Shingrix vaccine which is also supposed to be a rough one. So, does that mean I don't have an immune system and I'm already dead?

Langue_doc

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a bad reaction to the vaccine, cathwen. Feel better soon.

ab_grp, I hope you're getting plenty of rest and minimal reactions to your shot.

QB and a two-fer today.

Langue_doc

Good morning, all!

Genius, but no pangram yet.

LB euphemistic/claw

Happy solving.

cathwen and ab_grp, hope you're feeling better today.

cathwen

I am feeling at least functional today—thank you everyone for the good wishes!  Ab_grp, I hope you don't
have the reaction that I had! 

I was happy to finally get to genius yesterday, but no LB solution.

Today, I'm at amazing with the pangram, and I have a 2fer for LB. 

Congratulations on yesterday's QBs and 2fers!  Ciao_yall, I agree—seeing others' solutions to LB is one of my favorite parts of the morning.

ciao_yall

Morning!

LB yesterday was whimsical-letup which I am surprised to see was the schmofficial solution.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Congrats on your QB and 2fer yesterday, Langue_doc!

And cathwen, I'm really glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.  I hope the side effects continue to abate.  Congrats on your 2fer today!

Thanks for the good wishes for me as well! I am doing pretty well, just was feeling pretty dull last night, like I was sedated, and that seems to be sticking with me this morning.  At least no fever that I know of, though one of my bio trackers shows a slightly higher temp last night than my baseline.  And I am upright if a bit slow.  We'll see how it goes.  I think husband felt the afternoon after his second dose as though he really needed to take a nap, so I'll try to get some stuff done ahead of that just in case.  We had an interesting time last night trying to figure out why our garage suddenly smelled overwhelmingly of rubber cement, but it seems to be gone today.  Very weird.  I had a headache last night, but that could be related to whatever was happening out there.  And then this morning we had a very confusing conversation about Prince Philip, by which he thought I meant Rex Parker.  ?! I hope we both get a bit more clearheaded as the day goes on.

Never got a 2fer yesterday, despite a thousand attempts, and I wasn't near the official solution at all (nor Langue_doc's, though a little closer).  Today I'm just barely above genius with a pangram (137) , which I will take as a victory for now.

Happy solving!

ETA: yay on getting the official solution, ciao_yall!

cathwen

Take it easy today, ab_grp!  And I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

I just made Beta on SB.  Taking a break for now.

ciao_yall

Morning!

Slow SB this morning. At "nice" and no pangram, though I thought I had it at one point.

But quick 2fer in LB.

Grading and watching a Zoom hearing on the state of our College.

ciao_yall

Amazing with pangram. Strangely enough I thought I had it early, but it didn't take. Meanwhile this was a wild guess and it worked.

ab_grp

Thanks, cathwen! Counting myself lucky so far, though I don't think I should be doing a lot of counting today given the brain fog. ;-)

At least I managed to get a 2fer!

Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall! And there are a few pangrams that I tried today that the bee wouldn't take.  I'm glad you got the approved pangram after all.

ab_grp

Yay, I got to Alpha (175), though I am definitely dragging.  Got the sudokus done and Duolingos.  My colleague friends are having a Zoom game night tonight, but I don't think that's in the cards.  Still feeling pretty well, just tired, a little skin sensitivity, feeling a little chilly.  Not sure what might be in my head, though, with sort of expecting some side effects.  Just focusing on getting little tasks done and taking it easy but trying to move around a bit.

ciao_yall

Finally slogged into Genius. I think I need to learn more Bee words before I will achieve Alpha and QB like you all regularly do.

cathwen

Congratulations on Alpha, ab_grp

I'm still at Beta/161/36 words, with six to go.  I know that when I look at the answers tonight, I will wonder why I didn't see the words I missed.  But for now, I can't imagine what they are!

ab_grp

I only have one more word left, but husband got QB so I hope I can.  I just have no idea what it is (obviously!).  There are a number of tricky words in the list, so I don't think this was a particularly easy day, even taking my issues into account.  So congrats on your progress, ciao_yall and cathwen, and I hope you get your words! It has really been a fits and starts kind of day for me, at least.