News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

And the winner is.....

Started by ex_mo, July 01, 2019, 11:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Just checked in on CHE fora and thought others would like to know that new registrations are still occurring for the read-only fora.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

octoprof

Quote from: polly_mer on July 02, 2019, 04:40:12 AM
Just checked in on CHE fora and thought others would like to know that new registrations are still occurring for the read-only fora.

That's just weird.
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

apl68

Quote from: Puget on July 01, 2019, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: ex_mo on July 01, 2019, 11:53:34 AM
pollinate! with the last registered post at the old CHE fora. Today (July 1, 2019) at 11:30:40 AM EDT.

https://www.chronicle.com/forums/index.php/topic,264621.msg3647469.html#msg3647469

That last post is sort of alarming-- has anyone checked to make sure Pollinate is not in fact stuck like a ghost haunting the old forum for all eternity?

That is a disturbing thought!  But you've got to admit, it's a perfect post for the old fora to go out on.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

apl68

Quote from: octoprof on July 02, 2019, 07:56:01 AM
Quote from: polly_mer on July 02, 2019, 04:40:12 AM

That's just weird.

Well, there's a lot of interesting content and information archived there.  And if pollinate IS trapped there in limbo, at least there's plenty to read.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

The lacquer is still setting on pollinate's new moniker, but I've been asked to relate the following message to you all:

Quote from: pollinateI'd just like to express my surprise at getting the last post, assure everyone that I'm not trapped in the old fora, and respectfully decline to take charge of the HE (as Hungry_Ghost suggested on the "Welcome Aboard") on the grounds of cats and the lack of an appropriately huge alcohol budget.
I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 02, 2019, 09:22:15 AM
The lacquer is still setting on pollinate's new moniker, but I've been asked to relate the following message to you all:

Quote from: pollinateI'd just like to express my surprise at getting the last post, assure everyone that I'm not trapped in the old fora, and respectfully decline to take charge of the HE (as Hungry_Ghost suggested on the "Welcome Aboard") on the grounds of cats and the lack of an appropriately huge alcohol budget.

Is this a mandatory meeting?  People aren't allowed to decline new assignments when they miss the mandatory meetings (interthreaduality)!
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

octoprof

Quote from: polly_mer on July 02, 2019, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 02, 2019, 09:22:15 AM

Is this a mandatory meeting?  People aren't allowed to decline new assignments when they miss the mandatory meetings (interthreaduality)!

Hahahaha! You made me cough my croissant!
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

geoteo

Does that mean we will not know who pollinate is?  That he will drift around the new fora in his clever disguise, forever invisible to those of us who liked him in his previous iteration?

hmaria1609

Congrats! Let's drink to that!  :)

mouseman

Well, somebody had better adopt the HE, since I don't know what will happen first, the HE wiping out my liquor cabinet, or the Mousecat getting the HE when he's passed out drunk somewhere.

The Donkey's doing fine, but we are likely moving to a smaller place, so a new home will likely be needed for them as well. I heard, however, rumors that a new clubhouse was being built.
"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried,
   As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
   By a finger entwined in his hair.

Lewis Carroll

mamselle

The porpoises already made a couple of visits via the old, unused canal we found between the old and new clubhouses (see the first two celebration threads, I think...)

Bud04 used to help with the mini-donkey, if she's around (didn't I see a post from her, saying so?). And I think...but I might be wrong....someone tucked the HE into the warm towels over the fax machine, last I knew....he doesn't drink when he's sleeping....

Glad you had a chance to close up the old clubhouse, too...I was tied up but I had thought of helping, sorry you had to do it alone.

And your post was poetic.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Scout

Quote from: polly_mer on July 01, 2019, 07:37:05 PM
Also, Yeastie had the closest fora shutdown time and get the pot of quatloos.

Ooh, I missed that! Wahoo for quatloos!