News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

My last word was also the pangram, and I also got frightful-libation.

Just getting started this morning. How is life 3 hours in the future?

ETA: Genius, 2fer for today's puzzles. Cathwen, wonder if we found the same one again?

Parasaurolophus

Got to genius and the pangram easily enough. Will proceed.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 15, 2021, 08:07:17 AM

Love that little dopamine jolt when the screen flashes "genius!"

ab_grp

Good morning!

Yesterday had a ton of bee words that I tend to forget so felt a thrill each time I got them.  Colcannon, callaloo, and the dumb chocoholic, just to name a few.  Husband missed challah (which he tends to do, though he had tried it without the final h this time so is getting closer) and loach (which is the one I guessed by trying letters).  It was a long haul, so good progress all around.

For LB yesterday, I got a different solution: furlough-habitation.  Congrats on your 2fers today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

I'm at Alpha (180) with just two more words to QB.  I had made it to genius and then got stuck, but a couple more words came loose.  Luckily, it's not a long list, but we'll see about the remaining words.  Nothing too hard today so far, just gotta try combos.

Happy solving!

ETA: Got a 2fer!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ciao_yall on April 15, 2021, 08:23:14 AM

Extra, unexpected dopamine hit: found a 2fer!
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Congrats on the 2fer, Parasaurolophus!

I did make it to QB.  Still nothing too tough.  It can be hard to break out of the pattern at times.  I guess now that I've solved all the other puzzles, I will be stymied by hard sudoku again.

Good luck!

cathwen

Congratulations on your 2fer, Parasaurolophus!  It will be fun to compare answers tomorrow. 

And congratulations on QB, ab_grp!  I am one word away from QB right now, and as usual, stymied.  I'll keep peering at the letters throughout the day, hoping for the SB Muse to come inspire me.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 15, 2021, 09:39:13 AM
Quote from: ciao_yall on April 15, 2021, 08:23:14 AM

Extra, unexpected dopamine hit: found a 2fer!

Yahoo!!

ab_grp

Quote from: cathwen on April 15, 2021, 11:56:55 AM
Congratulations on your 2fer, Parasaurolophus!  It will be fun to compare answers tomorrow. 

And congratulations on QB, ab_grp!  I am one word away from QB right now, and as usual, stymied.  I'll keep peering at the letters throughout the day, hoping for the SB Muse to come inspire me.

Good luck, cathwen! I hope the muse comes through for you!

Langue_doc

Congrats all. QB and two-fer. There were three unfamiliar words, but as long as they were accepted, they count.

Back to grading hell.

ab_grp

Congrats on the QB and 2fer, Langue_doc! Sorry to hear that your reward is grading hell. :-(

cathwen

Congratulations, Langue_doc!  Two victories!  I hope the grading isn't too awful.

I'm down to one word.  Ugh!

ab_grp

Sending you bee juju, cathwen! I will speculate as to which one, but the juju is across all of them just in case.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Hope everyone made it to QB or almost QB. I have no idea what doxing, doxxing, and noodging mean. As I'm typing this, the spell checker tells me that the second word is an "unknown word".

20/82 today, with the pangram.

LB byelaw/wracking; spell check tells me that the first word should have a hyphen in the middle. Oh, well!

Happy solving, and ignore spell check!

cathwen

Good morning!

I missed QB by one word yesterday--noodging.  I did not know that was even a word, but I guess now I know!

My LB solution for yesterday was the same as the official one--bylaw-wrecking.

Today, I am at amazing in SB and as yet have no solution for LB.  Will it be one of those bad puzzle days?  I have a heap of grading to do, so will not be able to spend a lot of time on this. 

Congratulations on yesterday's SB and LB successes!