Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Insomnia ZZZ........

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, May 24, 2020, 12:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Can't sleep. Clown will eat me.

Terrapinfan

Are you sure you don't belong in the Night Owl group?

Just hitting my stride right about now....

:)

evil_physics_witchcraft

I do, but I also have trouble falling asleep. In other words, I want to go to sleep, but I'm not letting myself, if that makes sense.

mamselle

I get it.

The evil clown under the bed is a constant threat.

One must be super-vigillant.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on May 24, 2020, 08:57:54 AM
I get it.

M.

:) Well, the 'clown' represents other anxieties. Actually, the quote is a reference to an old Simpson's episode.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 24, 2020, 09:52:20 AM
Quote from: mamselle on May 24, 2020, 08:57:54 AM
I get it.

M.

:) Well, the 'clown' represents other anxieties. Actually, the quote is a reference to an old Simpson's episode.

I was wondering if that was the case! Ah, the Simpsons; it's funny cause it's true.
I did have constant nightmares as a kid about something being under the bed, a problem that was inadvertently solved by my parents deciding we all needed water beds, so there was no longer any space under the bed for evil things to hide.

mamselle

Bbbut...but, couldn't the eels that lived in the water in the waterbed bite through and snatch you?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: mamselle on May 24, 2020, 12:18:01 PM
Bbbut...but, couldn't the eels that lived in the water in the waterbed bite through and snatch you?

M.

Nope. Fully protected from eels by the diligent watch of our scruffy tomcat, who regularly bested snakes when he snuck outside and brought them proudly home to show my mother. She consistently slammed the door in his face. He was a total mama's boy lapcat, who never stopped attempting to show appreciation for the human who saved him from the streets.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on May 24, 2020, 12:34:43 PM

M.

Nope. Fully protected from eels by the diligent watch of our scruffy tomcat, who regularly bested snakes when he snuck outside and brought them proudly home to show my mother. She consistently slammed the door in his face. He was a total mama's boy lapcat, who never stopped attempting to show appreciation for the human who saved him from the streets.

Did he protect you like General in "Cat's Eye?"

Anselm

I find that physical exertion helps but if this is at 2 A.M then it is too late for that option.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 24, 2020, 01:19:44 PM
Quote from: OneMoreYear on May 24, 2020, 12:34:43 PM

M.

Did he protect you like General in "Cat's Eye?"

I think he believed he was as ferocious as General. I'm not sure he was quite as crafty as General to use a record player to send a troll into a box fan. But, he was an escape artist, so maybe . . . Now, he did manage to kill a couple of our fish by scooping them out of the fishtank, so perhaps this is what happened with the eels in the water bed.
Ooops, not on the cat thread. .  . did not mean to derail insomnia with cat stories.

hmaria1609

One of my colleagues and I frequently joked about the novel It by Stephen King:
"Watch it!"
"Watch what?"
"It!"
For a time, there were copies of the novel at Costco so that added to the fun.