News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

How do you begin WORDLE?

Started by nebo113, February 24, 2022, 06:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vkw10

I often start with PESKY or FUDGE, but QUAIL and RELAY and OFTEN are common, too. I missed today's Wordle, breaking a streak that started before Christmas. I may start with SHRUG tomorrow.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

nebo113

Quote from: Vkw10 on February 25, 2022, 10:26:42 PM
I often start with PESKY or FUDGE, but QUAIL and RELAY and OFTEN are common, too. I missed today's Wordle, breaking a streak that started before Christmas. I may start with SHRUG tomorrow.

Almost busted on that one, too!

OneMoreYear

Quote from: mamselle on February 24, 2022, 08:47:26 AM
My sense, from those I've seen/know who play it, is that the title has the wrong question.

One might better ask, according to them,

...."How do you STOP?"

M.

So true! After starting to play Wordle, I discovered Quordle (4 at a time), and now Octordle (8 at a time). Yup, I'm hooked.

Treehugger

Wordle tip:

Do you have a friend who sends you their Wordle score/grid everyday? Does said friend always start with the same word?

Well, congrats, now you have an extra tip. Or I suppose a spoiler.

For some reason I just realized this today.

dr_evil

I tend to start with IRATE. I guess I'm an angry person...but more seriously, I have three vowels in one guess, plus two other common letters. I might have to change though because it hasn't been helping me much lately.

D@mnD@n1el

I usually used aired first and then maybe I will use the word young.
The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

- Albert Einstein

AvidReader

Often an "s" word with "a" and "e" in it: SPACE, STEAL, SHAME, once SNEAK.

Sometimes I try to challenge myself on Quordle by starting with the Wordle word. "GROUT" makes it into Quordle and Octordle a lot for me.

AR.

AmLitHist

A friend shared this cartoon with me today.

nebo113

Langue_doc

Yesterday's was rough. I had to write out by hand all possible combinations after having found owl. Phew!

I don't attempt wordle unless my brain is working at full capacity.

lilyb

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 01, 2022, 07:32:16 AM
Yesterday's was rough. I had to write out by hand all possible combinations after having found owl. Phew!

I don't attempt wordle unless my brain is working at full capacity.

The one that almost did me in was NYMPH. I know what a nymph is. Nymphs flit through the lit I teach.

But I. could. not. see. it.

Morden

I failed at NYMPH--having guessed GLYPH and SYLPH.

Langue_doc

It turns out, in my case, that the first word is merely the guidepost. My first words are chosen at random depending on the mood of the day. On two occasions during the past week, my first words had no hits but resulted in slowing down and strategizing. Today I had only one correct letter which was in the wrong slot. I found the solution on the third try because the second attempt gave me three letters all in the wrong slots.