News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

cat in a car question

Started by delsur, May 06, 2020, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hegemony

To answer Cathwen's question, many hotels have beds that are flush all the way down to the floor — there is no accessible "under the bed." For cleaning purposes, I would imagine. Nevertheless, at night we shut the cats in the bathroom with their food, water, and litter box, just so they wouldn't be prowling around in agitation and keeping us up.

cathwen

Thanks for the answers to the cat-in-motel question!  I am feeling encouraged.

the_geneticist

Buddycat settled in to hotel rooms with remarkable speed.  Once he saw his normal food dish, litterbox, and water bowl, he happily used each and took an epic nap.  His attitude was, "So, we live here now?  It's smaller than the last place, but it will do."  He put up quite the fuss going back in the carrier the next morning!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: the_geneticist on May 14, 2020, 09:08:39 AM
Buddycat settled in to hotel rooms with remarkable speed.  Once he saw his normal food dish, litterbox, and water bowl, he happily used each and took an epic nap.  His attitude was, "So, we live here now?  It's smaller than the last place, but it will do."  He put up quite the fuss going back in the carrier the next morning!

Whew! Thanks for the update!
I know it's a genus.

Catherder

Don't want to be a downer, but at least once one of my cats found a crawlspace in a motel and disappeared. We did find her in someone else's room eventually with the help of the management.