News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

someone swiped my green marker! Outrage

Started by Aster, September 20, 2019, 08:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Has anyone tried goose quills for their good effect on the environment, instead?

You can make green ink with malachite, or maybe chalcedony, I think...

(Interthreadual webs of wisdom...)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Deacon_blues

My bulk order of markers arrived, and--surprise, surprise!--green markers were included!  I tried one out in class today, and it was strangely satisfying to use.  However, I am disappointed to report that I left a new eraser in the room for communal use, and I returned today to find that someone had swiped it!  I guess it's a good thing that the eraser came in a two-pack.  Now I'll have to carry one in my purse....  This is why people can't have nice things.

mamselle

Oops....is THAT what fell into my book bag when I turned around to leave yesterday?

I haven't cleared it out yet.

I'll try to remember to return it tomorrow!

Promise!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Cheerful

Quote from: Deacon_blues on October 02, 2019, 08:37:10 AM
My bulk order of markers arrived, and--surprise, surprise!--green markers were included!  I tried one out in class today, and it was strangely satisfying to use.  However, I am disappointed to report that I left a new eraser in the room for communal use, and I returned today to find that someone had swiped it!  I guess it's a good thing that the eraser came in a two-pack.  Now I'll have to carry one in my purse....  This is why people can't have nice things.

I work on a BYOM (bring your own markers) campus.  It didn't used to be BYOE.  After after all erasers went missing from a classroom once, I now carry a spare in my book bag.  Both are essential for my teaching style.  No markers, no erasers means I might cancel class (almost) or end early!

Aster

I found a green marker lying on the ground in a corridor, in a different building.

It's mine now.

This was a Sign From God.

the_geneticist

I used to have to carry my own clock to lectures.  Petty departments wouldn't buy supplies for rooms in their own buildings if folks from other departments taught in them.

Aster

Our adjunct work room does not have a stapler. Every time someone puts one in there, it disappears within a week or two.

I have asked for one of those long metal chains that can be bolted down. I've even looked for one at the office supply store. I would like to leash a stapler to it in the adjunct work room.

mamselle

Conversely, I brought an extra mechanical pencil sharpener to the new history room in my local library.

I couldn't find anyone to approve it, so I just plugged it into an unused, surreptitiously placed plug, and used it when I was there...

It was gone two weeks later.

I never got around to asking about it.

Last night it showed up at the reference desk.

Oh, well!

M.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on October 11, 2019, 12:03:52 PM
Conversely, I brought an extra mechanical pencil sharpener to the new history room in my local library.

I couldn't find anyone to approve it, so I just plugged it into an unused, surreptitiously placed plug, and used it when I was there...

It was gone two weeks later.

I never got around to asking about it.

Last night it showed up at the reference desk.

Oh, well!

M.

On behalf of honest reference librarians everywhere, I apologize....
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

bopper

At first I thought: Why do you need a sharpener for Mechanical Pencils?

mamselle

Quote from: bopper on October 17, 2019, 07:09:55 AM

At first I thought: Why do you need a sharpener for Mechanical Pencils?

Well done. Just like you don't need bear-proof containers for humans (interthreadual citation)...

I should also observe that the large binder clips have all disappeared from the small copier room.

I suppose I cooouuullllddd walk to the larger copier room, 'way down at the other end of the hall, to get more.

But when you use them all up one day, you sort of expect them to be replaced the next, right??

(Opps...)

M.

Aster

The faculty work room was partially restocked today. There are several green dry erase markers.

I am loathe to approach them. This may be a trap.

mamselle

I just thought I should mention that the green marker in my computer bag is NOT, repeat, NOT a dry-erase marker.

It's just a regular old Marks-a-Lot Marker for paper, not whiteboards.

Just in case anyone saw it in there, and wondered....

M.

apl68

Quote from: Aster on October 23, 2019, 05:30:35 AM
The faculty work room was partially restocked today. There are several green dry erase markers.

I am loathe to approach them. This may be a trap.

Contra Hollywood, you can't put very much explosive into a package the size of a marker, so you've probably got nothing to worry about there.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

Someone left behind a purple marker last week. I was ecstatic.

Alas, I've now moved out of the dry-erase portion of my class.
I know it's a genus.