mamselle

1 more French and
2 Latin translations to do for friend.

French
Latin 1
Latin 2

Go!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

bioteacher

I am doing to spend the next 45 minutes (until 7:30) working on dreaded task #1.
Then I am going to catch up paperwork for 15 minutes.

mamselle

1 more French and

French - 2/3 done, cafe closing, more at home...
Latin 1
Latin 2

Go!

I also forgot: Have to transform 6 listed items into separate pages for printing

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

bioteacher

Go, Mamselle!
I got my two tasks done, and a bit more. That's it for today.

mamselle

1 more French and

French - 2/3 done, cafe closing, more at home...
Latin 1
Latin 2

Go!

I also forgot: Have to transform 6 listed items into separate pages for printing

M.

Parasaurolophus

The commute is super-long today, because I had to hold more office hours before the exam, so I got stuck in rush-hour traffic on the bus. I'm too wiped after a 12-hour day to do much more for a few hours. When I finally get home, though, I have to put together a final exam by sometime relatively early tomorrow morning. So:

• Make. Exam.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I sent out the 6 items at 2 AM then did some work this afternoon on the Latin piece, but not enough yet to really cross anything off so far.

"Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow..."

M.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Quote from: mamselle on August 13, 2019, 08:35:23 PM
I sent out the 6 items at 2 AM then did some work this afternoon on the Latin piece, but not enough yet to really cross anything off so far.

"Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow..."

M.

Yep. 

Although today's work-sprint will not address any of the remaining items from Sunday, but is instead a different, long-hanging task for which the deadline is looming.

* Do whatever is necessary (within the bounds of legal, ethical, and moral) to get that simulation set running to produce useful data.  Phone a friend.  Poll the audience.  Go visit every office of everyone who works on this code who might know the magical incantations.  Get it running!
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

Feeling manic these days. So, today:

• Revise (and maybe even resubmit) one article.
  • Send Those Dreaded Emails To Potential Contributors
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

1 more French and

French - 4/5 done, my later cafe is now closing, more at home... First pass on full text done, need to look up oddities.
Latin 1
Latin 2

Go!

M.

bioteacher

I spent another hour on the dreaded task. Such fun!
But I did it.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 14, 2019, 11:05:31 AM
Feeling manic these days. So, today:

• Revise (and maybe even resubmit) one article.
  • Send Those Dreaded Emails To Potential Contributors

Forgot to cross these off yesterday. I even R&Red (in the sense of what I did, not of the verdict) two articles!

Over the weekend:

• Mark the final exams.
  • Manually enter the grades for every assignment... twice... *cough* *splutter* agh wtf argh! (this has to be on Monday, though)
  • Revise and submit a third article.

And by the end of August:

• Finish migrating content from postdoc email to new email
  • Clear out the new inbox, which already has pages and pages of emails.
I know it's a genus.

Bede the Vulnerable

1 Dreaded Task:  Finishing the syllabus for my new prep.

2 Realistic Plan:  Finish it on Sunday, when no one is in the Department but me.

OT:  This is my very first post.  I'm usually funnier.
Of making many books there is no end;
And much study is a weariness of the flesh.

bioteacher

Welcome, Bede. We don't expect humor here. This thread is about getting crap done.

So far today: got home from late shift after midnight, got Bioson to DMV where he passed and finally has a license. Dinner prep is now underway.

I cannot face the rest of my list. Despite operating at reasonable efficiency, visiting the DMV, and making the entire trek in a car with out working AC has sapped my will to live. I feel like I have remerged from an alternate dimension where time flows differently.