News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Lunch!

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, May 24, 2020, 01:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Ahhh.....lunch sandwich on a hamburger roll with: Bearnaise-like dressing, smoked black peppered deli-sliced turkey, melted chevre cheese, small halved cherub tomatoes, bacon and spinach.

Potato chips and two Mint Milanos yet to go....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

Sounds yummy and decadent, Mamselle!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ab_grp on November 12, 2020, 09:08:29 AM
Sounds yummy and decadent, Mamselle!

I agree. Are you taking orders?

mamselle

Sure.

There's a charge for shipping, though.

Send me a slice of cheese from your part of the planet and we'll call it even.

;--》

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on November 12, 2020, 10:34:05 AM
Sure.

There's a charge for shipping, though.

Send me a slice of cheese from your part of the planet and we'll call it even.

;--》

M.

:D

OneMoreYear

Shrimp patties!  They are such a treat--shrimp, okra, onion, tomato, and habanero peppers in buttery*, flaky crust. My students should seriously write thank-you notes to my husband as I will now grade in a good mood.

*one stick of butter in six portions. Not diet food.

mamselle

Mmmmm.....another good idea....I'm thinking crab cakes, same ideas..mmmm......

M.

ab_grp

I don't think I've heard of shrimp patties, but they sound delicious!

OneMoreYear

Quote from: mamselle on November 15, 2020, 09:32:32 AM
Mmmmm.....another good idea....I'm thinking crab cakes, same ideas..mmmm......

M.

These are more of a pastry than a crab cake-type, but I agree that crab cakes are delicious!

Quote from: ab_grp on November 15, 2020, 10:32:54 AM
I don't think I've heard of shrimp patties, but they sound delicious!

Maybe beef patties are a more common application (think Jamaican)?  They are so delicious. I'm am having to exert serious self-control not to have another portion.

ab_grp

I hadn't really heard of Jamaican beef patties, either, but I looked up a recipe, and they sound great, too.  They seem similar in form to empanadas.  Do your shrimp patties take a long time to make? If you are not going to eat another portion, I'll be happy to take it off your hands!

OneMoreYear

Quote from: ab_grp on November 15, 2020, 11:18:40 AM
I hadn't really heard of Jamaican beef patties, either, but I looked up a recipe, and they sound great, too.  They seem similar in form to empanadas.  Do your shrimp patties take a long time to make? If you are not going to eat another portion, I'll be happy to take it off your hands!

Yes, empanadas, very similar; I do like empanadas.   SO prepped/cooked most of the morning; they require several steps.  The patties are not in regular rotation (probably a good thing given the butter content). They also only get made late fall and winter when it is OK to turn the oven on (we very rarely use the oven in warmer months here, as we'd never cool down the house).  Extra portions are in the fridge ready for lunch tomorrow.

Stockmann

Tempura, and rice with mushrooms and onion.

mamselle

The last of the fish dish ended up being mixed up with a lot of water and some instant rice (because that was what I had) and it was quite yummy. The rice got so thick and absorbent that it was practically a risotto, with the good, juicy fish broth baked in.

I'll definitely do that again. (I went to the refrigerator looking for more, before I realized I'd finished it up, in fact...)

Pot pie tonight.

Beef, I think.

M.

ab_grp

We each had a piece of pizza to finish off the last of that order (supreme for me, sausage/bell pepper/red onion for him, both deep dish), and I made (admittedly small) side salads so that we could feel super duper virtuous.

mamselle

I miss fresh deep-dish pizza.

We used to have a couple of really good places, but they moved out long, long ago.

M.