News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Somebody does good

Started by jimbogumbo, March 17, 2022, 07:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbogumbo

Ruralguy

I think she's trying to counterbalance her ex-husband a bit.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: Ruralguy on March 17, 2022, 07:52:43 AM
I think she's trying to counterbalance her ex-husband a bit.

I also. And, it seems to me she is doing a terrific job!!

mahagonny

Hey, we've all been doing good, all of us together! Give yourself a pat on the back.

https://apnews.com/article/bills-donald-trump-politics-c4834e48841d97c5a93312b1bf75302a

nebo113

Quote from: mahagonny on March 17, 2022, 08:45:24 AM
Hey, we've all been doing good, all of us together! Give yourself a pat on the back.

https://apnews.com/article/bills-donald-trump-politics-c4834e48841d97c5a93312b1bf75302a

Wonder how much this huuuuuugely rich man has donated to charity compared with "Scott has given away at least $443.5 million to various groups since her fourth round of large gifts in December, when she announced she would no longer publicize her giving......"  Oh right......NOT doing something.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/23/vast-majority-of-trumps-charitable-giving-reportedly-came-from-land-deals/?sh=778ca9e8610d

mahagonny

Quote from: nebo113 on March 18, 2022, 07:06:28 AM
Quote from: mahagonny on March 17, 2022, 08:45:24 AM

Wonder how much this huuuuuugely rich man has donated to charity compared with "Scott has given away at least $443.5 million to various groups since her fourth round of large gifts in December, when she announced she would no longer publicize her giving......"  Oh right......NOT doing something.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/23/vast-majority-of-trumps-charitable-giving-reportedly-came-from-land-deals/?sh=778ca9e8610d

I got curious so I googled and found this. I did recall the he donated his presidential salary.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/02/27/president-donald-trump-probably-donated-his-entire-16m-salary-back-to-the-us-government--here-are-the-details/?sh=99b81881a8dc

Other than that, I have no idea how much.

jimbogumbo

Ina shocker to no one, you have derailed another thread. But, in my always helpful way, I've copied the 2nd and 3rd paragraph of what nebo posted:

KEY FACTS

Trump has reported $130 million in charitable giving on his tax returns since 2005, but $119.3 million came from easements he signed with conservation groups in which he agreed not to develop three plots of land, the Times reported, two of which he had plans for that had been stymied, as well as from a donation of land he had failed to develop to New York State for a park.

Trump's campaign claimed the day he launched his campaign in 2015 that he had given $102 million to charity in the previous five years, but he only reported $735,238 in cash donations and $26.8 million in land and non-cash gifts during that period, according to tax records obtained by the Times.

mahagonny

I didn't derail the thread, not if the subject was people giving to black colleges. We are all doing it through our taxes, because Trump continued the provision. I thought that was something to feel good about. Geez...
I was not really interested in Trump's personal relationship to charitable contribution at all.
If the subject can only be this one individual, mackenzie, then I'm terribly sorry.

jimbogumbo

Quote from: mahagonny on March 18, 2022, 02:12:46 PM
I didn't derail the thread, not if the subject was people giving to black colleges. We are all doing it through our taxes, because Trump continued the provision. I thought that was something to feel good about. Geez...
I was not really interested in Trump's personal relationship to charitable contribution at all.
If the subject can only be this one individual, mackenzie, then I'm terribly sorry.

It was not. You brought a federal thing (good), I was talking about an individual. President Trump has simply NOT donated more than dribble of his alleged personal wealth. The amount quoted in the article showed that even if you counted it all it was mostly smoke and mirrors.

So yeah, you did, and you did with purpose.

ciao_yall

Quote from: jimbogumbo on March 18, 2022, 11:02:46 AM
Ina shocker to no one, you have derailed another thread. But, in my always helpful way, I've copied the 2nd and 3rd paragraph of what nebo posted:

KEY FACTS

Trump has reported $130 million in charitable giving on his tax returns since 2005, but $119.3 million came from easements he signed with conservation groups in which he agreed not to develop three plots of land, the Times reported, two of which he had plans for that had been stymied, as well as from a donation of land he had failed to develop to New York State for a park.

Trump's campaign claimed the day he launched his campaign in 2015 that he had given $102 million to charity in the previous five years, but he only reported $735,238 in cash donations and $26.8 million in land and non-cash gifts during that period, according to tax records obtained by the Times.

He is also well-known for inflating the value of write-offs, donations, etc to maximize the tax benefit.

mahagonny

Quote from: jimbogumbo on March 18, 2022, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: mahagonny on March 18, 2022, 02:12:46 PM

It was not. You brought a federal thing (good), I was talking about an individual. President Trump has simply NOT donated more than dribble of his alleged personal wealth. The amount quoted in the article showed that even if you counted it all it was mostly smoke and mirrors.

So yeah, you did, and you did with purpose.

Didn't look at the article. Didn't even notice it was about Trump. I shouldn't have taken the bait. I did not understand the comment "Oh right......NOT doing something."
Nebo stalks me with these kinds of retorts. I should just set them on 'ignore.' It was Nebo who supplied the interest in Trump's finances. Just mentioning his name sets some people off their rocker. What're y'all gonna do if he gets four more years?
Now that you know, it's probably a good time to stop butting heads over fora etiquette.

nebo113

Oh poor wittle mahoganny.  I gotta say that I laughed out loud when he whined about my baiting him.  I accept the honor!