News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccination nation

Started by downer, December 23, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caracal

Quote from: AmLitHist on April 10, 2021, 09:24:34 AM
We're going for our second Moderna dose on Wednesday, and I've already got a lesson plan ready to throw on Blackboard for Thursday's class in case I have a reaction.  My arm still has a sore spot from the first shot on St. Patrick's Day; It doesn't ache or hurt all the time anymore, just when I touch it (but that level of pain only left about a week ago).  I usually don't have any problems with any kind of shots, but I want to be ready.

Yeah, I've never had a reaction to anything before, but the second Moderna dose did get me. Fever of 103, chills so bad I couldn't stop shaking. Went away pretty quickly though.

Bbmaj7b5

Had Moderna #2 about three weeks ago.

It seems like my reactions to the shots are attenuated but of longer duration than most experiences. I would still feel some effects two weeks out. The most immediate to #2 was fatigue, headaches, and a lovely evening of tinnitus-like symptoms.

evil_physics_witchcraft

2nd Dose Update

SO is feeling much better. He no longer has body aches (he said if felt like his body was also on fire) or a fever.

I developed a low-grade (about 99 deg. F) fever yesterday and felt tired, but now it's gone and I'm feeling a little hyper.

ab_grp

I had my first dose of Pfizer a couple weeks ago with almost no side effects other than some fatigue and a sore arm for a day or two and a headache. 

My second dose was Thursday, and that one was worse (as expected).  I was pretty tired and out of it that day and felt dull.  The next day was the worst, as I felt really, really tired and developed a mild fever.  My eyes hurt, and my skin felt sensitive all over.  Yesterday I felt way better, though I apparently still had a bit of a fever, but I also developed a rash on my arm.  It is apparently nothing to worry about but somewhat rare from Pfizer and not having occurred after the first dose.  But this time I also had a tiny amount of bleeding at the injection site (from the injection itself, not afterward) and a bruise there, not sure if that's related.

My husband also had Pfizer and had no troubles except being tired enough to take a nap the following afternoon.  Unfortunately, he also seems to have some tinnitus that started after the second dose that hasn't gone away for a couple weeks.  Again, not sure if that is related.

Lots of different responses!

apl68

My second dose is coming up Friday.  At the beginning of the work day.  I'll make sure not to schedule anything important in case I find myself having to go home due to side effects.

At church yesterday I heard of somebody who got his second dose and then caught COVID right afterward, before the immunity boost had had time to build up.  However, he had only a very mild case, so the vaccine still seems to have helped.  Still, what unfortunate timing!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

clean

Perhaps the case was mild because he had the first dose nearly a month earlier!  Perhaps it was very fortunate timing of the first dose!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Caracal

Quote from: apl68 on April 12, 2021, 07:24:03 AM
My second dose is coming up Friday.  At the beginning of the work day.  I'll make sure not to schedule anything important in case I find myself having to go home due to side effects.

At church yesterday I heard of somebody who got his second dose and then caught COVID right afterward, before the immunity boost had had time to build up.  However, he had only a very mild case, so the vaccine still seems to have helped.  Still, what unfortunate timing!

From my experience and others, seems like it usually is about 12 hours from shot to side effects. So, chances are you'll be ok at work that day, Of course, YMMV.

Larimar

Mr. Larimar and I just got back from getting our second shots. We have deliberately left our schedules clear tomorrow in case we get knocked over by the side effects. Not looking forward to that part, but it's a heck of a lot more preferable to catching the virus!

apl68

Quote from: Caracal on April 12, 2021, 10:15:54 AM
Quote from: apl68 on April 12, 2021, 07:24:03 AM

From my experience and others, seems like it usually is about 12 hours from shot to side effects. So, chances are you'll be ok at work that day, Of course, YMMV.

That's more like what I'm expecting.  Which means I may have trouble making it in on Saturday.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

sinenomine

Just got an appointment for tomorrow for my first dose, which will mean the second dose will be during the annual spate of end of academic year professional development meetings. I'll have no regrets in having to miss some of them!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Had my second dose not quite two hours ago.  So far no shoulder soreness or anything.  I asked one of the nurses how many people she said she would be sticking today.  She said about a hundred.  As before, people seemed to be in good spirits and all.  Except for the one guy who asked whether the nurse was concealing a baseball bat--because a few hours after his first dose he felt like his shoulder had been hit by one.

FishProf

2 days post-Pfizer, i can't even locate the site of the injection.  So far, so good.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

EdnaMode

I had my second Pfizer dose on Wednesday, absolutely no side effects yet, almost 48 hours later. A colleague who received his first and second doses with me, said he was rather tired on Thursday, I was tired, but that's my usual state these days, don't think I was in any way more tired than usual. I had some minor muscle pain at the injection sight with the first shot, and nothing with the second one.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

Juvenal

So the stories seem to be: some have noticeable side effects, some have mild side effects, some have no side effects.  I do think that covers it.  It appears that whatever side effects you have/have not had, you are vaccinated now.  All good.

I had what I'd call "perhaps" a side effect after Pf#2, mild afternoon fatigue after morning jab.  Not sure if it was related.  After all, even w/o injections I can get tired in the afternoon...
Cranky septuagenarian

Larimar

Moderna 2nd shots did knock both Mr. Larimar and me over the day after we got them. I could barely use my arm for about 30 hours, and we spent pretty much the whole day asleep. Since then my eczema has been itching at torturous levels. I haven't gotten much sleep. I just saw my dermatologist, and she thinks yes, it is because of the shot. She said she has seen a lot of this in the past 2 weeks. If you have eczema, beware the Moderna shot. I can't speak for the other kinds.