News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

Cool and cloudy

I've noticed it's getting dark earlier in the evenings so fall is on the way.  Along with the pumpkin spice flavored drinks and foods.

Parasaurolophus

Yesterday it poured like there was no tomorrow, for the first time in ages. Definitely a herald of what's to come shortly.

Today, it's grey and wet and surely it must rain.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Clear, calm, sunny, pleasant.

A bit cool, but not oppressively so.

I walked across the campus wishing tours weren't over, the weather was so nice.

The couple I walked across with were happy about it, too, given they'd just had to host guests present for a major do (ground-breaking sort of thing) and were glad neither to have been rained out, nor to have to worry about their "free" day tomorrow being threatened.

So far.

This is one of those places where they say, "If you don't like the weather...wait a minute."

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

paultuttle

Hot and humid.

Of course.

<grin>

But a cool front is coming soon . . . .

mamselle

Just a teeny bit cooler than yesterday.

I put on an extra sweater half-way through the day.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

ab_grp

Coincidentally, just as I clicked to look at updates on this thread I got a notification that it will be noticeably hotter tomorrow, 93.  Of course, that is cool enough that I end up wearing an outer long sleeved shirt or sweatshirt in the shade most days until the temperature adjusts for realz.  No humidity to speak of, though, and it seems that the daily, unpredictable t-storms have passed (thankfully). 

sinenomine

Frost advisory tonight. Geese are on the move.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mamselle

Dunno. Haven't gone out yet.

But I will, soon....

M.

onehappyunicorn

Hot, humid, and disgusting as usual. Walking out of the air conditioning is like walking into someone's mouth. At least a cool front is coming in for the next couple of days...

Parasaurolophus

No weather, only rain. Maybe a break in the sog today, but who knows?
I know it's a genus.

paultuttle

Quote from: paultuttle on July 20, 2019, 09:46:46 AM
To quote Robin Williams in Good Morning, Vietnam: "Hot. DAMNED hot."

And still the quote is accurate, and has been over the past few days, during which I had multiple meetings across campus.

(Something I learned: My black felt Pendleton hat was indeed as useful in the heat as it has been for several years in the cold. But with my sunglasses I looked like a rural CIA agent.)

Looking forward to the cold front coming tonight, bringing tomorrow's temperatures down just over 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) from the low 90s to the high 60s. Finally, fall?!

Thursday's_Child

75F at 8 a.m. - that cold front can't get here fast enough!

mamselle

Cool. Cloudy. Weather site says 0% chance of rain.

Some of us (well, myself, and the bus driver) are dubious about that...

M.

monarda

Cool. Wool socks cool. Bring in the tropical plants from outside cool.
But that also means hockey season is starting. So it's all good.