News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinenomine

Quote from: kaysixteen on September 21, 2020, 05:58:01 PM
Is this an early date for first frost for you?   Six to eight feet of snow?   When is first snowfall for you, on average?

Yesterday's first frost fell within the average window. Our first snowfall is usually mid to late November, with the last one early to mid-April.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Harlow2

Here in my part of the Mid-atlantic we generally have warm September days in the 70's and gentle lows. However, we're coming off several days of lessening sun, highs in the sixties and lows in the forties. Garden is shivering, and the cold front has plunged my tomatoes into an existential crisis: flower or fruit, and if fruit, how hurriedly to change color?  We usually get tomatoes well into November, but this has not been a productive year.

ergative

Today was perfect: rain in the morning, 40s, to make our coffee with pyjamas and slippers feel comfy, and then it cleared up and was sunny and beautiful in the afternoon, with a high of 60 and gentle breezes. I went for a run* and it was a great way to get ready for the coming week.

*/walk

FishProf

Clear and cool.  Smolt and I camped in the backyard last night.  Great idea, poor execution.  I needed a bigger sleeping bag, and we both needed warmer ones.

Will try again next weekend.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Parasaurolophus

Dunno. The smoke's been back for a few days, although nothing like as bad as before.
I know it's a genus.

hmaria1609

Quote from: Harlow2 on September 22, 2020, 08:34:18 AM
Here in my part of the Mid-atlantic we generally have warm September days in the 70's and gentle lows. However, we're coming off several days of lessening sun, highs in the sixties and lows in the forties.
Similar here! This time of year, I start to switch over to hot coffee and cocoa for morning drinks to take to work.

apl68

Very nice, mild fall-ish weather in recent days.  Unfortunately temperatures are predicted to spike up into the 80s for most of the coming week.  Not terribly hot, and it will be cool in the evenings.  Still not exactly seasonal.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

First light frost overnight, but back up to the 70s and 80s this week, so I just covered the two houseplants and the canna, which is still loaded with buds.  Everything is fine once I've uncovered them this morning.

polly_mer

We are watching the big storms in other parts of the country and making jokes about how 'greedy' those folks are to have more rain in a day than we get all year.  We certainly don't need all that rain, but an inch or two this month would help.

As I type, the weather guy just said it's unlikely that we will get any rain in October.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

apl68

Quote from: polly_mer on October 11, 2020, 08:40:19 PM
We are watching the big storms in other parts of the country and making jokes about how 'greedy' those folks are to have more rain in a day than we get all year.  We certainly don't need all that rain, but an inch or two this month would help.

As I type, the weather guy just said it's unlikely that we will get any rain in October.

Believe me, some of the people in other parts of the country would LOVE to find a way to give you some of that excess rain!  Instead, the nation's overall rainfall is looking like of those head-in-the-oven, feet-in-the-freezer situations.  On average things aren't so bad.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Cool, slightly chill, a bit wet.

Hot Spiced Apple-cider weather.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Sunny with some ominous clouds across the water. First bit of sun in days, here.

Chilly, though.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

hmaria1609

Still rainy here.
Quote from: mamselle on October 12, 2020, 10:03:26 AM
Cool, slightly chill, a bit wet.

Hot Spiced Apple-cider weather.

M.
I'll drink to that!  :)

Vkw10

Yesterday we had a high of 96. It's 86 and sunny now, with a predicted low of 50 tonight and high of 88 tomorrow. Most days, I enjoy fall in central Texas, but right now I'd like a bit of crisp air.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)