News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

According to the NY Times: Damp early, then mostly cloudy, with a high around 60.

wareagle

Five degrees this morning.  Still four inches of snow on the ground.
[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

polly_mer

Quote from: wareagle on October 27, 2020, 06:11:58 AM
Five degrees this morning.  Still four inches of snow on the ground.

We're above five degrees, but we have eight inches of snow on the ground with more still falling.  The weather prediction calls for another foot before Thursday night.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Langue_doc

Quote from: Langue_doc on October 27, 2020, 05:49:07 AM
According to the NY Times: Damp early, then mostly cloudy, with a high around 60.

It's sunny outside. So much for the weather forecast.

ab_grp

I did not believe the forecast, but we actually woke up to snow! And enough snow that we could not see the grass.  I think this is more snow than in the years I have lived here combined (and it's still only about an inch, if that).  More snow is supposedly on the way.  In any event, it is nice to have snow and not have to shovel or go anywhere.  There were warnings of potential power outages, but we have been lucky so far.  Daughter in a typically snowier area is dismayed that we got snow before she did.  It's nice that the wind has died down, but it's also in the 20s, so we will probably stay in and enjoy the warmth and look out at the scenery until the snow goes away.  Looks like we should be back into the 70s in a few days.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Zeta passed through and we had high winds and lots of branches hit the roof early this morning. SO and I walked around the house and looked for anything 'weird' and just saw lots of leaves, branches and wet spots. *Fingers crossed*

It is currently breezy, partly cloudy and temperate, well, also a tad humid. It's in the mid 70's F today.

ab_grp

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on October 29, 2020, 08:51:50 AM
Zeta passed through and we had high winds and lots of branches hit the roof early this morning. SO and I walked around the house and looked for anything 'weird' and just saw lots of leaves, branches and wet spots. *Fingers crossed*

It is currently breezy, partly cloudy and temperate, well, also a tad humid. It's in the mid 70's F today.

I'm glad you didn't seem to have any damage as a result!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ab_grp on October 29, 2020, 08:59:28 AM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on October 29, 2020, 08:51:50 AM

I'm glad you didn't seem to have any damage as a result!

Thanks! Well, we didn't see anything obvious. I'll look later today to double-check. I hope everyone else is doing well and is safe!

AmLitHist

Last Thursday was 86 degrees.  By Friday afternoon, it was in the low 40s.

It's been cloudy ever since, with three days of rain, today with a cold wind added for good measure. 

Forecast for tonight is around 32 degrees--but back into the 60s and sunny over the weekend and into next week.

Not atypical--and not bad--for this time of year around here.  Last year we had a week of near-zero cold in mid-November; I hope we don't get that again!

mamselle

Snow promised...ummmm....I'd hoped to go grocery shopping before it hit.....

Maybe if I go out really early in the AM....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

(Double a day later)

Huh. It really did snow.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Inches of gloppy wet snow. 

On the plus side, the branch that broke off in a previous storm and threatened my porch has fallen to no ill effect.  That's save $$$ when the tree guy comes next week.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

ab_grp

That's a nice silver lining, FishProf.  Tree guys can cost some bucks.

Our snow stayed briefly into the next day, but even the snow on the mountains has now vanished.  It's warming back up a bit, which I am happy with because I was not ready for that sudden temperature change.  At least the air cleared up some in the process.

paultuttle

First freeze is scheduled for tonight.

Well, more accurately, early tomorrow morning.

mamselle

Yesterday it snowed.

Today it rained.

I'm going to wait at least two days before going out to avoid the probable ice.

Seeing as how there are black-ice warnings up on the meteo.

M.