News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

Smolt and I tried camping in the back yard again.  It was colder (37), but having zipped two sleeping bags together and brought a comforter and fleece blankets, we managed to keep each other warm.  She was over the moon with glee.

Today it got to 60.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

hungry_ghost

apl68

Finally starting to turn more or less seasonal.  Though we are looking at a spike up into the low 80s in a couple of days.  Currently wonderful out!
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

brixton

Still blistering hot in So Cal.  It has been over 90 for the last week.  In October.  This is not supposed to be Arizona. 

Vkw10

It's 68 degrees, just after sunset. We're expecting a low of 59 tonight. Lovely.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Langue_doc

First frost of the season --a layer of white on the ground, covering the grass, driveway and the car. It was gone in less than an hour. Bright sunshine, near peak fall colors, good hiking weather. I'm about 200 miles north of my home base.

mamselle

Il fait froid.

Il pleut.

Je ne l'aime pas...mais, c'est l'automne....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

Quote from: mamselle on October 17, 2020, 04:40:05 PM
Il fait froid.

Il pleut.

Je ne l'aime pas...mais, c'est l'automne....

M.
I just love fall. Every year, I wake up one morning in September or October to a crispness in the air and know that fall has arrived. This year, it happened earlier this week, in my city. I'm looking out the windows as I'm typing this, to a vista of trees of varying fall colors in the yard--rather, property--of the neighbor across the street. I'm only visiting, but making the most of the colors.

FishProf

This morning, there was the first skim of ice in a bucket on my deck.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

apl68

Our extended forecast is calling for most of a week of highs in the 80s.  Not bad, really, but that used to be unheard-of in late October.  I may end up having to use my air conditioner again!
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

ab_grp

We have been in the 80s or higher but had a front move in and are now in the 60s.  Tonight there is another front expected, bringing with it a lot of rain and an actual chance of snow, which I will believe when I see it.  At least we got our ballots mailed and no one has to go anywhere tomorrow.   Sounds pretty yucky regardless.

polly_mer

We went again from 80s last week to snow on the ground today.  We no longer get snow days if we can work from home and the few kids that got to have in-person last week are back in virtual until the worst of the snow is gone.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

apl68

Late last week the 80-degree weather abruptly shifted to highs in the 50s and low 60s.  Though we haven't had all that much rain, we've barely seen the sun since Friday.

Vkw10

Fall in central Texas. Yesterday was sunny and 87 degrees at 4 p.m. Today, overcast and 46 degrees at 4 p.m. Might be time to pull out the blanket.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

Now tomorrow's high is in the 30s.  That escalated quickly! Also, we found evidence of a kite that may be stuck in one of our trees, but that will have to wait until after the snowmageddon of 0.25 inch that may or may not occur tomorrow.  It will definitely be too cold to go out and try to find the kite, in any case.  Sorry, kitemaster.  Today was too windy to fly.