Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallcleanrat

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 24, 2020, 07:04:47 PM
Double-post.

Youngest evil cat is watching TV again. It's so funny. She's parked right in front of it, watching attentively.

What's on?

OneMoreYear

Quote from: smallcleanrat on November 24, 2020, 07:09:43 PM
Double-post.

Youngest evil cat is watching TV again. It's so funny. She's parked right in front of it, watching attentively.

What's on?

That's so cute, evil_physics_witchcraft! Does she seem to prefer shows with a lot of action/movement on screen? At least she is watching something logical; Ricochet stares at walls.  So, we either have something in the walls or it's some type of sensory modulation strategy. Neither of ours watch TV, though Ninja likes to join SO for TV time and sleep on his legs.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Double-post.

What's on?

It's so funny. Today we were watching a show about snakes and she was mesmerized. She will also watch cartoons, The Daily Show and other UTube things.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on November 24, 2020, 07:36:09 PM
Double-post.

What's on?

That's so cute, evil_physics_witchcraft! Does she seem to prefer shows with a lot of action/movement on screen? At least she is watching something logical; Ricochet stares at walls.  So, we either have something in the walls or it's some type of sensory modulation strategy. Neither of ours watch TV, though Ninja likes to join SO for TV time and sleep on his legs.

Well, we sort of trained her to get excited and play a cat string game on my computer (so Pavlovian since I give her a verbal cue- 'Look!'). Whenever I say 'Look!' in a certain pitch she runs over to my computer and waits for her game to start. She also plays this game (batting at a string) on the 'big' TV.

And like a typical cat, she is interested in watching birds and squirrels on TV. I think she was also watching the Animaniacs reboot tonight.

nebo113

Quote from: mamselle on November 24, 2020, 08:09:17 AM
Do you possibly have a leash and harness for her to be able to let her out along the way?

I seem to recall someone, maybe it was InfoPri? who annually went from "Somewhere Warm" to "MyCity" with kitties and had a whole rigamarole worked out for them.

The thing was not to ever let them out of the car before the leash was on, that much I do remember...and there was often much yowling at the beginning of the trip.

M.

She has never been on harness/leash, and at her age (and mine), we're both too old to try it now!  Vet thinks she will be OK; I am using a "live pet carrier" which will give her more room and putting in peed pads at one end and lambs wool at the other.  It will be stressful, but we will persevere.  And as for nomenclature, channeling Infropri....Mountaintop to Coast.

Volhiker78

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 24, 2020, 08:10:26 PM
Double-post.

What's on?

Our Lil'lil  likes watching the weather radar on the weather channel.  She will paw at the moving bar. 
It's so funny. Today we were watching a show about snakes and she was mesmerized. She will also watch cartoons, The Daily Show and other UTube things.

Charlotte

Quote from: mamselle on November 24, 2020, 05:47:15 AM
Sounds like you need to flea-bomb the house.

A serious infestation really only does go away with a systemic intervention like that.

One summer....oh, boy.....I've just repressed it, but that's really the only thing that worked.

M.

I was afraid this might be the only way. Thank you!

Charlotte

Quote from: the_geneticist on November 24, 2020, 08:44:06 AM

You might want to ask your local vet if the flea population in your area is resistant to the active ingredient in the medication you used.  Might need to switch to another formulation.

That's an excellent idea. Thank you!

smallcleanrat

Had a TV show on in which a character said cats are "light as a feather" seconds before Maestro leapt from the top of his cat tree to hit the floor with a hefty KERTHUNK. His lithe adolescent frame has been gaining more muscle lately.

He's becoming a hefty armful, but that just means more cat to hold during his cuddlier moods. Yesterday I got two instances of unambiguous slow-blink and for a while I was immersed in the feeling that everything was going to be ok. Happy cat, happy life?

the_geneticist

Quote from: smallcleanrat on November 25, 2020, 09:55:18 AM
Had a TV show on in which a character said cats are "light as a feather" seconds before Maestro leapt from the top of his cat tree to hit the floor with a hefty KERTHUNK. His lithe adolescent frame has been gaining more muscle lately.

He's becoming a hefty armful, but that just means more cat to hold during his cuddlier moods. Yesterday I got two instances of unambiguous slow-blink and for a while I was immersed in the feeling that everything was going to be ok. Happy cat, happy life?

Awww!  Maestro sounds like the very best cat!

And anyone who thinks cats are "light as a feather" clearly doesn't have cats that gallop around at 3:00am - I don't know how they do it, but ours sound like a herd of stampeding rhinos.  KERTHUNK indeed!

clean

Quotead a TV show on in which a character said cats are "light as a feather" seconds before Maestro leapt from the top of his cat tree to hit the floor with a hefty KERTHUNK.

Just remember that a pound of feathers still weighs a pound!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Puget

Quote from: the_geneticist on November 25, 2020, 10:09:43 AM

And anyone who thinks cats are "light as a feather" clearly doesn't have cats that gallop around at 3:00am - I don't know how they do it, but ours sound like a herd of stampeding rhinos.  KERTHUNK indeed!

Glad Maestro is bringing you such comfort SCR!

I have one of each-- Panther Boy pairs rhino-like stampeding with opera singing, whereas Little Calico materializes silently as if from some inter-dimensional space only cats can traverse.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on November 25, 2020, 10:24:49 AM
Quotead a TV show on in which a character said cats are "light as a feather" seconds before Maestro leapt from the top of his cat tree to hit the floor with a hefty KERTHUNK.

Just remember that a pound of feathers still weighs a pound!!

Exactly!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: the_geneticist on November 25, 2020, 10:09:43 AM

Yep! Youngest evil cat gallops almost every night. She also parkours off the walls.

Larimar

Calico went back to the vet this morning for her follow-up, and she's got a clean bill of health. Yay!