Posting While Plastered, revival

Started by dismalist, April 27, 2020, 01:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Posting while hung over.

Nothing to add at this time.

alto_stratus

I'm gone all spring and have to dig to page 11 to find this topic?! :-o

Well, good news for me and the fall-beer fans: Sam's Oktoberfest is out and it's DELICIOUS. Mmmmmmm.

dismalist

Quote from: alto_stratus on August 22, 2020, 10:22:16 AM
I can't believe there hasn't been a post here since May.

Today, I saw and purchased my first pack of Oktoberfest for the season. Can't wait to taste it's gloriousness. Just had to unearth this topic from the depths first.

Quote from: alto_stratus on August 20, 2021, 01:40:16 PM

Well, good news for me and the fall-beer fans: Sam's Oktoberfest is out and it's DELICIOUS. Mmmmmmm.

Once again, looks like Oktoberfest serves to revive this thread, once recognized to be educational, at least seasonally. That's what Oktoberfest does for us. What can we do for Oktoberfest?
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

alto_stratus

Sadly, it used to be much more lively - and perhaps more life-ly.  Twenty years of foruming does take its toll.

mahagonny

trip to the dispensary. well, I am experimenting.

ab_grp

It's been a really bad week (though I'm sure it could have been much worse!), so I am having shiraz, and then we will soon have pasta bolognese and watch some fun but not supersmart TV and TGIF and good grief.  I am glad for this thread.

mamselle

Quote from: dismalist on August 20, 2021, 03:11:02 PM
Quote from: alto_stratus on August 22, 2020, 10:22:16 AM
I can't believe there hasn't been a post here since May.

Today, I saw and purchased my first pack of Oktoberfest for the season. Can't wait to taste it's gloriousness. Just had to unearth this topic from the depths first.

Quote from: alto_stratus on August 20, 2021, 01:40:16 PM

Once again, looks like Oktoberfest serves to revive this thread, once recognized to be educational, at least seasonally. That's what Oktoberfest does for us. What can we do for Oktoberfest?

I can put my accordion on and play 《Kornblumenblau,》《Im Munchen steht ein hofbrau haus,》 and 《Die Lorelei, 》if you like. Or medleys from the "Student Prince," "Merry Widow," and "Sound of Music," if you want to sing along in English....

Actually, I can go for about 4 hours if my gigs at Schmidt's in Col's German Village are any indication.

However, it should be pointed out that diehards believe Oktoberfest actually falls in late September....might be to do with the ides and kalends and all that...

M.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

alto_stratus

Tonight it's Joel Gott. The scale and me had words, so the Oktoberfest will be rationed, and probably last until October. 

I always have to explain to my SO that Oktoberfest begins in September. Preparation is part of the process.  And I am really prepared, so I start in August.

I am turning over a new leaf for fall. Exercise, philosophy... it's time to get this life back on track.

OneMoreYear

Barrel-aged pastry stout from local brewery. I'm in a happy place.

Morris Zapp

We actually bought a still from Amazon and have spent the pandemic making moonshine. First couple of batches were not drink able. Apparently the heat was too much during the distillation process. so far we have done figs and grapes,both from our yard. You wish you knew how to make your own alcohol!

alto_stratus

The Sam's Oktoberfest did not last until October... Have moved on to Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. Nice roasty malted flavor. Also got the Harpoon fall mix pack. I love fall.

Morris Zapp

I like to get drunk and shop online. What do you buy when you are drinking? I seem to  buy shoes and then they Arrive end it's like "what was I thimking?"

the_geneticist

I don't want to go to campus tomorrow. That is all.

alto_stratus

Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest is my fav. Mmm. Harpoon Oktoberfest is okay - but it tastes like they mixed a little bit of pumpkin ale with IPA. Yep, I think they cheated.

I also buy shoes when my inhibitions have been lowered. I always like the shoes when they arrive, though. I think the wine or beer just gets me over the natural disinclination to deal with footwear (is it wide enough, is it long enough, is it flat enough, will it stay on my foot when I walk?)- and yet, somehow, it makes me an awesome footwear selector...

Sometimes I buy home organizing stuff.