Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Health Threads

Started by mahagonny, May 13, 2020, 08:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

How about a message board for health issues topics? Thank you

polly_mer

What's the evidence that we need a full board for this issue?  Do we even have three active threads at the moment?
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mahagonny

As long as they are safe from sniping or cryptic exchanges, 'asides' etc.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I was also wondering if we could have a board for health topics.

polly_mer

The question still remains why a whole board when we don't have multiple active threads already to collect into a board?

There are several topics that have more evidence of interest based on number of active/recent threads instead of health topics.

Start a few threads in General Discussion, show there's enough discussion to merit a whole board, and then we can discuss the need for a separate board.

polly_mer

Since I'm looking through General Discussion for a different reason, I can also look for health threads:

Caring for Elderly Parents: last post 16 May
Share your hypochondria here: last post 3 May
Dealing with chronic disability, pain, and fatigue: last post 1 April
How can you tell if you're hallucinating: last post 10 March

and the thread I actually wanted was from February so I'm going to stop looking now for health threads that have been dormant for three months or more.

namazu

Quote from: polly_mer on May 18, 2020, 03:24:32 PM
Since I'm looking through General Discussion for a different reason, I can also look for health threads:

Caring for Elderly Parents: last post 16 May
Share your hypochondria here: last post 3 May
Dealing with chronic disability, pain, and fatigue: last post 1 April
How can you tell if you're hallucinating: last post 10 March

and the thread I actually wanted was from February so I'm going to stop looking now for health threads that have been dormant for three months or more.
Some of the (several) active coronavirus threads also contain discussions of possible accommodations for faculty with health conditions that put them at high risk.  I don't know if those specific discussions could be, or might benefit from being, consolidated within their own thread (apart from the more general discussions of institutional considerations/chaos).

There's also the general Coronavirus thread, which is part "health issue" and part "institutional response".  I have trouble keeping all of the coronavirus threads straight.

polly_mer

I don't have the time or energy to tackle the Corona virus threads.  Anyone who wants to start a thread on the health issues specifically is welcome to do so.