News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

New Game: Fun with ChatGPT

Started by secundem_artem, January 02, 2024, 12:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secundem_artem

I would imagine that many of us have googled ourselves to see what the interwebz have to say about us.  My online presence is basically accurate and pretty bland.  But it made me wonder what I would find if I asked ChatGPT to write a bio sketch of me.  I asked it to write a 500 word sketch using just my name.  Nothing.  Name + my terminal degree.  Nothing.  Name + terminal degree + university.  Bingo. 

It got my date of birth wrong by 15 years.  It's misidentified all of the universities I have attended.  And its praise of my teaching and scholarly achievements read like the eulogy for Nelson Mandela or a Nobel Prize winner.  A short quote for your amusement.  The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

As an educator, Dr. Artem went beyond traditional classroom methods, incorporating innovative teaching techniques and technology to enhance the learning experience. He became known for his emphasis on critical thinking, problem-solving, and evidence-based practice, preparing his students to excel in a rapidly evolving clog dancing landscape.

As a well-respected figure in the clog dancing community, Dr.Artem has left an indelible mark on the field. His contributions to clog dancing education, research, and practice reflect a lifelong commitment to excellence and a passion for advancing the profession. Through his leadership, mentorship, and dedication to clog dancers, Dr. Rovers has inspired countless individuals to pursue careers in clog dancing and contribute to the betterment of clog dancing for years to come.

So forumites....  Give it a shot and see what it says about you.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mbelvadi

I tried using ChatGPT3.5 and my own name and field, and got back:
"I'm sorry, but I cannot generate a 500-word biography for a specific individual, especially if the person is not a public figure or widely known. Writing a biography involves personal information, and it's important to respect privacy."

Parasaurolophus

I'd experimented before, but with no success. Adding my university, however, worked.

QuoteIn the realm of philosophy and education, Parasaurolophus stands as a luminary, illuminating minds and shaping the intellectual landscape. His passion for philosophical inquiry, commitment to student development, and contributions to the broader community make him a revered figure at [University] and beyond. As he continues to inspire the next generation of thinkers, Dr. Parasaurolophus remains a testament to the transformative power of philosophy in both academic and everyday life.

Yup.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 02, 2024, 03:42:40 PMI'd experimented before, but with no success. Adding my university, however, worked.

QuoteIn the realm of philosophy and education, Parasaurolophus stands as a luminary, illuminating minds and shaping the intellectual landscape. His passion for philosophical inquiry, commitment to student development, and contributions to the broader community make him a revered figure at [University] and beyond. As he continues to inspire the next generation of thinkers, Dr. Parasaurolophus remains a testament to the transformative power of philosophy in both academic and everyday life.

Yup.

Sounds like you have an admirer there, Para!
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all